Protocol Review Question

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

spimx

Forum Crew Member
Is luling and lockhart no longer under the hospital? I thought it was under the seton system

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Are you just looking at how it reads? Seems pretty straight forward and standard. I see a lot of places use flow charts with key points. Looks good to me.

In regard to protocol itself, looks good, but no sodium bicarbonate for TCA overdose? I was surprised to see that missing.

My protocol for pediatric asthma/reactive airway disease is 50 mg/kg up to 2 g. I'm wondering if 5 mg/kg is a typo for it, the dose you guys use locally, or if my own own protocols are the weird one.

You have to two different epi drip concentration and charts in two different places. Intentional? Pharm 4 and Med Procedure 5.

Where I work, we can give up to 2 mg/kg Succinylcholine to adults too. What I really like about this is that it comes out to the same ml as Rocuronium. I feel like it is less error prone and quicker to figure out. Wondering why adults are 1.5 mg/kg and children are 2 mg/kg for you guys?

I'd be happy with these protocols. My ambulance company made me quit when I went to flight. I'd like to work on the ambulance again. At the moment, I just pick up ton of shifts all over the place. I've thought about doing something like working in one of the states I pick up in, especially Texas. Too bad I do not work in San Antonio or close to where you are that often.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Is luling and lockhart no longer under the hospital? I thought it was under the seton system
Luling is a city service now, Lockhart is still Seton.

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant
Looks good;

Minor thing; Your page format needs a space or so down, (Drug titles are on previous page and need to be spaced down). Btw, I too frequently have a hard time proofing my own work.

Quick question;

Methylprednisolone (Solu-Medrol)

OLMC for Addison’s Disease???

Why are they asking you for OLMC? Am I missing something or, has something recently changed?

I've been taught that there is little risk in the administration of Solu-Medrol to treat an Addison's Crisis or when an Addison's Patient suffers physical trauma and/or as prophylaxis to prevent an Addison's Crisis.

Most Addison's Patients carry 100mg of Solu-Medrol as an IM rescue med.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

They’re live