Primary 911 ALS within commuting distance from Seattle?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Hey guy's, I just moved to Seattle. As you may know, all paramedics in Seattle must go through harborview paramedic program, or they are not allowed to work in Seattle. BTW, 14 years of prior EMS experience = zero experience with medic one for wages :-(.

A a result, I'm looking for the closest ALS primary 911 agencies within commuting distance to Seattle. Single role (not firefighter jobs). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
ALS Yakima or Lifeline in Wenatchee. Mason county medic one too. Are the ones to feasible get on with quickly that do primary 911 and ift. Whidbey island has single role medics, UKC Medic one is single role, Central valley ambulance authority, North county ambulance.

Sadly you are going to look at a 1.5-2 hour drive minimum to get to any non fire based 911 medic jobs.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Thanks guys, great info! Especially potato! Im digging into all those places named. I'll keep an eye on USA jobs also for anything that pops up on ft. Lewis. Would prefer 24 hour shifts due to the commute. EMS is Really fire based around here...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Cascade in Leavenworth is a cool agency. Anything in Yakima is low paying bottom feeder EMS. Its a great place to get experience, but that’s about the only plus.

But seriously, if you’re looking for a career type agency that’s been not fire, Skagit is it.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Skagit told me they have no openings and they don't notify anyone when they do.
Lifeline seems doable, spoke with them. they're hiring. Pay is really low though and it's a long commute/expensive commute. Who's the primary 911 transport in pierce county? I see Falck has operations in the area. Signed up to be notified for Whidbey Island. Cascade is not hiring right now.
1.5 hour hour commute or less would be best unless they do stacked 24 hour shifts

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
out of curiosity, what made you move to Seattle, if you don't want to be a firefighter/paramedic?

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Seattle, the city. I wanted to live here. Really had no idea how everything was so firefighter oriented. Very strange

PotatoMedic

Pierce county is all firefighter except for madigan ambulance. Falck does some secondary 911 for the fire departments but mostly ift. Falck does have good benefits but pay and moral are in the toilet. Amr isn't much better and their benefits are not as good.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Any feedback or rumors on "Olympic Ambulance" in Bremerton? Thanks again

PotatoMedic

Any feedback or rumors on "Olympic Ambulance" in Bremerton? Thanks again
They are also the ones to apply to to get hired with MCMO.

Side note if you decide to work in Tacoma DO NOT apply to Falck. Some rumors are they are circling the drain in Pierce County. Kinda sad since I had worked there. ( Though they are in dire need for medics so it would be a way to get your state card... Just jump ship fast.)

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Whidbey Island is hiring. Any idea what their shift patterns and salaries are like?