Practice exams for NC EMT?

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Anyone know of any resources for practice questions to help study for the NC EMT certification exam? I'm trying to help someone I know who failed the exam the first time and I don't think her problem is lack of knowing the material, but just being the proverbial "poor test taker" and I think the best strategy for her is probably doing lots of practice questions. We've both done some googling and have come up short.

Of course there are tons of NREMT-specific resources. Would practice questions from one of those be as useful as practice questions that are specifically geared towards the NC state exam? I know they can be a bit different in the way the questions are worded.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I've never taken the NC EMT exam... I even asked if I could, and NCOEMS said no, because I already had a card given via reciprocity. I've taken NY, NJ, & NR only, so I'm as much in the dark as everyone else.

Why not have your friend try the NREMT exam, and use that to get their NC card? We all know the NR questions suck, but at least there are more resources that can be used to assist with studying and test prep?

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I've never taken the NC EMT exam... I even asked if I could, and NCOEMS said no, because I already had a card given via reciprocity. I've taken NY, NJ, & NR only, so I'm as much in the dark as everyone else.

Why not have your friend try the NREMT exam, and use that to get their NC card? We all know the NR questions suck, but at least there are more resources that can be used to assist with studying and test prep?
Good point. I'm pretty sure she'll be fine on the next attempt. If not, I'll suggest just doing NR. Thanks.