Paramedic Jobs in the Denver Area -911

KESSC

Forum Probie
Hi all,

Considering re-locating to the Denver area. Outside of Denver Health, what 911 paramedic (non-fire based) jobs would be commutable from the Denver area? Thanks in advance for the gouge!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@captaindepth @Ensihoitaja @Tigger @Peak.

Not sure if you’ve fully searched the site though OP. There should be plenty of Denver area related questions answered.

Anyhow, these are most of your CO folks. I think a couple are Denver EMS paramedics.

OP
OP
K

KESSC

Forum Probie
@captaindepth @Ensihoitaja @Tigger @Peak.

Not sure if you’ve fully searched the site though OP. There should be plenty of Denver area related questions answered.

Anyhow, these are most of your CO folks. I think a couple are Denver EMS paramedics.
Thanks @VentMonkey! I have been scouring the site and you're right - quite a few Denver-related posts which have been helpful. I don't think I've posted enough to be able to send anyone a PM (went in to try to do it, but no option to and found an old post explaining process), but would love to connect with any of these CO folks wrt a cpl of specific questions, especially about Denver Health, if anyone is willing.

Summit

Critical Crazy
I heard Stadium has some 911 contracts now

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
If you want to PM me about Denver Health, feel free.

Besides Denver, your non-Fire 911 options are:

AMR- Boulder, Longmont, other parts of Boulder County
Stadium- Golden + Pleasentview and Fairmount Fire Districts
Northglenn Ambulance- Commerce City
Falck- Aurora (But seriously- don’t do this)

Depending on your commute tolerance and where you land in the metro area, other options might be:
Thompson Valley EMS*- Loveland
Banner Health- Weld County/Greeley (I don’t hear good things, though)
UCHealth- Fort Collins
AMR- Colorado Springs (this contract is in flux and might not be worth it)
Gilpin County*- west foothillsish
Grand County*- Winter Park and that area
Eagle County*- Vail area
*these agencies are all relatively small and I don’t have the slightest idea if they’re actually hiring now

I hope that helps

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

Depending on your commute tolerance and where you land in the metro area, other options might be:
UCHealth- Fort Collins
Eagle County*- Vail area
*these agencies are all relatively small and I don’t have the slightest idea if they’re actually hiring now

I hope that helps
This is the list for sure.
The county agencies west of Denver don’t really hire on any sort of schedule as best as I can tell. Seems like many people get a full time spot after spending some time in a PRN capacity. I would add Clear Creek County to that list as well, that would be well less than an hour commute. But again, the hiring at all these agencies can be difficult to hang your hat on.

The AMR Colorado Springs contract was renewed for five years. It’s a good system but can be a bit trying to work with springs fire. Much better than Aurora/Falck though.

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
Thanks for the updates Tigger. I always forget that Clear Creek County exists. You can also add Evergreen Fire to the asterisk list as they hire single-role paramedics.

I hadn't heard the news about AMR and the Springs, either.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Thanks for the updates Tigger. I always forget that Clear Creek County exists. You can also add Evergreen Fire to the asterisk list as they hire single-role paramedics.

Following all the hubbub, that was the end result. For unclear reasons, the old contract had the response time clock stopped when the first ALS vehicle arrived on scene, whether fire or AMR. The new contract eliminates that and AMR has increased staffing dramatically which has been great. I would say the clinical standards have decreased a little bit but frankly not having to run 12 transports in a 12 hour shift regularly seems like a reasonable trade.

Also those Evergreen jobs are apparently very hard to come by. Both Tri-Lakes and Falcon in northern El Paso County do the same and have rare openings.

OP
OP
K

KESSC

Forum Probie

UCHealth- Fort Collins
Eagle County*- Vail area

I hope that helps
Thank you! Super helpful. Doesn't look like I am able to send a PM (maybe bc I haven't posted much?). Would you mind sending me one to reply to with a few questions? Thanks again!!

OP
OP
K

KESSC

Forum Probie
This is the list for sure.
The county agencies west of Denver don’t really hire on any sort of schedule as best as I can tell. Seems like many people get a full time spot after spending some time in a PRN capacity. I would add Clear Creek County to that list as well, that would be well less than an hour commute. But again, the hiring at all these agencies can be difficult to hang your hat on.

The AMR Colorado Springs contract was renewed for five years. It’s a good system but can be a bit trying to work with springs fire. Much better than Aurora/Falck though.
Thank you! I saw a few of your posts when I was scanning the old Denver-related posts. Doesn't look like I can send a pm yet (haven't posted much on here - mostly lurking), but would you mind me sending me a message - have a few questions regarding the system you're working in. Thanks again for all the info. Super helpful!

OP
OP
K

KESSC

Forum Probie

Thank you!

Lo2w

Forum Captain
A little late but we're hiring in South Park out of Fairplay. Most of our staff commutes from the front range, 48/96 with medics starting in the $50s/annual and free healthcare.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Does South Park hire basics?

I’m getting pretty sick of the ER tech life but don’t want to go back to AMR or any of the private companies. I’ve lived that life already.

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Does South Park hire basics?

I’m getting pretty sick of the ER tech life but don’t want to go back to AMR or any of the private companies. I’ve lived that life already.
Yes and no. We have 18 full time staff - of that we have 2 EMTs with IV cert; 1 AEMT and an Intermediate EMT. There's a bias towards hiring paramedics but we are trying to build a part time pool so you may have luck there.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Yes and no. We have 18 full time staff - of that we have 2 EMTs with IV cert; 1 AEMT and an Intermediate EMT. There's a bias towards hiring paramedics but we are trying to build a part time pool so you may have luck there.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.