Paramedic Challenge Refresher in NYC ASAP!?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I am having a hard time finding a challenge refresher here in NYC. Can anybody help me out. I need one that starts ASAP! Thanks!

New York City Paramedic Challenge Refresher

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
You want to challenge paramedic, but your bio says your an EMT-Basic. In order to challenge something, you have to have skills and knowledge at least equivalent to what you are challenging. Most people challenge paramedic from being a RN. If you are already a paramedic, you need to make sure you have what NYC needs for reciprocity. If you're an EMT-Basic, you need to take an accredited, full-length paramedic course in order to become one.

BTW Most places don't call their courses a challenge refresher as no where that I have heard of has a course specifically to challenge an exam. Look for paramedic refresher courses intended to teach re-cert for national registry.

OP
OP
EMTVeg

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
It's just an outdated profile. I meant what I said. I need a challenge refresher I have been a medic since 20013

OP
OP
EMTVeg

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I work in city and need stuff for NY state recertification. Things are weird here in NY so if you are out of state this probably doesn't make sense.

Grozler

Forum Crew Member
Try New York Hospital Queens (or whatever they are called now). I did one there fall 2012 and you tested the first day and whatever you scored deficient in, those were the lectures you showed up for. You did the state skills on day two. Decent program taught mostly by ER docs. Be persistent with trying to get them on the phone (they don't always pick up or return messages).