PALS 2015 entirely online?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Looks like it's a hybrid -- classroom portion is done online, skills done in person?

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm pretty sure you have to demonstrate practical skills in person somewhere.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You have to demonstrate skills in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Thanks, everyone yes it looks like its still in person. Sorry for the confusion

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Looks like it's a hybrid -- classroom portion is done online, skills done in person?
It's this. One of our CCT RN's did it. The entire video portion was done via their website, once that portion was passed, then you had to get signed off on the skills portion by an approved AHA site.

FWIW, the scenarios they run you through during the online portion were a PITA, though you could do them as many times as you needed until you passed but it was definitely overall much more time consuming than your average in-person ACLS/ PALS course.

Price-wise, if your agency doesn't offer any of these courses for whatever reason, I believe they're less expensive as well.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I did the online PALS and NRP courses and skills check off in person. The PALS I had to do for my job so I paid out of pocket and it got pricey but was still good and was able to get it done much quicker than I would have otherwise. You do the online course then set up a skills check off with an instructor.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I did the online PALS and NRP courses and skills check off in person.
TMK, this is the only way NRP is done now. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of NRP but we're required to have it for our program.