Online Paramedic Training = Read and Quiz?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Being about half-way through my online Anatomy and Physiology class I'm surprised that the entire course seems to focus around reading a chapter from the textbook, taking a reading quiz, then taking module quizzes.

No synchronous learning (video conferencing), no videos, no forums, and no study groups. Read the book, take the quiz.

I've taken many online courses both at the college level and for professional advancement, but this is the first time I've seen this format.

Is this the norm in EMS?

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
My A and P course was like that but my online medic program was live lecture, chat, and we made a study group online thru various apps.

joshrunkle35

EMT-P/RN
Being about half-way through my online Anatomy and Physiology class I'm surprised that the entire course seems to focus around reading a chapter from the textbook, taking a reading quiz, then taking module quizzes.

No synchronous learning (video conferencing), no videos, no forums, and no study groups. Read the book, take the quiz.

I've taken many online courses both at the college level and for professional advancement, but this is the first time I've seen this format.

Is this the norm in EMS?

It wasn’t for me.

My A&P class was 2, 5-hour days/week in lecture and 5-hour day/week in the cadaver lab every week for a semester. We used the book, hands on learning, online supplementary lectures and online software.

My Paramedic class used a wide variety of learning styles as well.