Online/distance Medic to RN?

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Are there any remaining online or distance medic to RN programs anymore? I know excelsior used to do it, but the last time I looked I couldn't really find any information on their website on that program anymore.

ETA - I do have a bachelors degree already..

Summit

Critical Crazy
Why not do a 1 year accelerated BSN?

I think Excelsior exists still but it had a lot of caveats and barriers in some states (in certain states you can't do the program or may never be allowed to practice).

I know of another associates program but they have a questionable pass rate (80% 5 year pass rate, 2016 70%, means their nursing accreditation is under threat) and you'd have to travel to western KS for all your clinical or if their program is approved in your state (they don't have a list) you'd have to find all of your own clinical placement (good luck). Hutchinson CC ADN distance bridge for LPN/P... many hoops, 29 credits of prereqs (some expire after 7 years), program is 3 semesters and you get an associates. An ABSN probably has fewer prereqs for you.

OP
OP
F

FiremanMike

Just a dude
As far as I know, there's no accelerated BSN programs in my area. I am strongly considering a local direct entry FNP program, but I think going into that with my RN gives me much more long term options.