Olympic Ambulance Lacey, WA

newbemt2

Forum Probie
Hey guys I just finished up my EMT-B course at WSU and have a tentative interview with Olympic over spring break (as long as I pass the NREMT)
I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with them?
Or any other companies I should apply to :)
I had a call from Rural Metro but they wanted me to apply again in May after graduate.

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys I just finished up my EMT-B course at WSU and have a tentative interview with Olympic over spring break (as long as I pass the NREMT)
I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with them?
Or any other companies I should apply to :)
I had a call from Rural Metro but they wanted me to apply again in May after graduate.

Olympic pays super low but you will probably get some decent experience. Do not work for rural /metro in snohomish/king counties it's super boring and a poisonous culture. In pierce County though it's better. Pay is better than oly in both r/m ops

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
Actually if you can swing it you should go for ALS Yakima. Pay is absolute bottom of the barrel but you work 48s so you have time for other things and the experience you'll get will not compare to anywhere else private ambulance wise

Drax

Forum Captain
Have a couple buddies that have worked for them. Yeah, pay is terrible and they're overloaded, but at least you get some 911. Olympic ambulance is primary transport for 911 calls in Thurston county, although you might not get called until the FD requests you.

You should apply to Falck, AMR, Rural Metro, Tri-Med, and anywhere else that'll hire EMTs especially if this is your first gig.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I'm going to also vote for ALS. Im looking at applying for a part time spot there so I can go full time at the hospital.

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
Actually Trimed would also be a good option. Pay is decent nowadays and you'll get gnarly medic dumps from king county medic one. I'd still go with ALS yakima though

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Actually Trimed would also be a good option. Pay is decent nowadays and you'll get gnarly medic dumps from king county medic one. I'd still go with ALS yakima though

This is also true. I did more "it's not really ALS" at TriMed than I'd ever seen. Just another reason King County EMS is 100% ridiculous.

OP
OP
N

newbemt2

Forum Probie
Thanks everyone! I really like Olympic so far because they've been the only company to personally call me and explain the entire process of satisfying national, state, and county requirements. Falck has an opening in Seattle but I don't know if I should wait until after I pass the NREMT to apply there and Yakima?

Drax

Forum Captain
Thanks everyone! I really like Olympic so far because they've been the only company to personally call me and explain the entire process of satisfying national, state, and county requirements. Falck has an opening in Seattle but I don't know if I should wait until after I pass the NREMT to apply there and Yakima?

I wouldn't wait.

Richard Wyatt

Forum Ride Along
Good luck..

All the private EMS here on the westside is kind of a pain..

I'm a 15 year employee of AMR in King County and I do more "ALS" calls in a day than my ALS counterparts in other counties..