NREMT testing

SkylerW785

Forum Ride Along
I was wondering about the NREMT Test in terms of my current certification in Alaska as a EMT. Is it possible to only need to take the CBT computer test? I've heard of people in other states going for the NREMT but only doing the CBT.

Never2Old

Forum Crew Member
Not sure of Alaska's specific state requirements. But you can renew your NREMT by taking the CBT versus having to maintain continuing education credits. I know quite a few people who recert via testing.

This is right from the NREMT site ...

RECERTIFICATION BY EXAM
This option enables you to demonstrate continued cognitive competency without documenting continuing education.
  • Login to your NREMT account. Complete a recertification by examination application and pay the exam fee.
  • NOTE: Be sure you complete the Recertification By Exam application.
  • After 24-48 hours, login to your NREMT account and print your Authorization to Test (ATT) letter. Follow the directions in the letter to schedule your exam.
  • You may make one attempt to take and pass the exam beginning on April 1 (one year prior to your current expiration date) and March 31. A cognitive competency by exam form will become available through your NREMT account upon successful completion of the exam.
  • Return your completed cognitive competency by exam form by March 31 with signatures and supporting documentation. All other recertification requirements (including criminal conviction statement, verification of skills, etc.) must still be met and verified.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You must have a skills verification form/test in addition to the computer test

Efekomwan Enofe Billy

Forum Ride Along
A
I was wondering about the NREMT Test in terms of my current certification in Alaska as a EMT. Is it possible to only need to take the CBT computer test? I've heard of people in other states going for the NREMT but only doing the CBT.

Am preparing for AREMT Exam this friday, can you help me with useful materials to study