New Truck!!

Simusid

Forum Captain
Well really it isn't a new truck *yet*, it's kinda just a pile of metal. But it will be here soon!

newtruck.jpg

I told my partner that I was glad I didn't see anything written in sharpie like "fix this later", and he promptly photoshopped it with stuff like "sno-cone machine here"

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Who's the manufacturer? It's interesting to see them build the box on the frame-I always thought the boxes were constructed separately and then mounted.

OP
OP
S

Simusid

Forum Captain
Who's the manufacturer? It's interesting to see them build the box on the frame-I always thought the boxes were constructed separately and then mounted.

I thought the same thing. I thought a box was a box, not built like a stick-built house. It's a Lifeline. We have had very good luck with them.

dmc2007

Forum Captain
I thought the same thing. I thought a box was a box, not built like a stick-built house. It's a Lifeline. We have had very good luck with them.

My agency just put a new lifeline in service a year and a half ago. It's been among the best ambulances we've ever owned. Best of luck with yours.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
...It's interesting to see them build the box on the frame-I always thought the boxes were constructed separately and then mounted.

Ditto!

OP
OP
S

Simusid

Forum Captain
So the new truck has left the paint shop. Unfortunately before I got the pictures, one of our medics, armed with photoshop, got to it first:

newtruck1.jpg

8jimi8

CFRN
So the new truck has left the paint shop. Unfortunately before I got the pictures, one of our medics, armed with photoshop, got to it first:

newtruck1.jpg

Now that is a fly truck.

my one word response would be...
NOICE!

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant

Yeah - because there's nothing creepy about a bunch of guys showing up in a truck with "I Love Boobies" painted across the side...

OP
OP
S

Simusid

Forum Captain
The continuing saga. Lots of wires
wires.jpg

And the exterior:

newtruck3.jpg

Next shots will be when it's delivered in a couple of weeks!

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
What sort of light package? All led?

rumbler?

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Nice!

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Yes I believe it is all (or almost all) LED. We wanted the rumbler but as I posted in this thread there are apparently mount failures on big trucks :(

That's a shame. It's the stock brackets that come with the rumbler that fail? Or the ones that come factory on the truck?

It seems like it could be easy enough to fabricate some sturdy brackets.
Although it looks like you've got a solid set of horns, so clearing intersections shouldn't be a problem =p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That looks like our second line medic unit, just a little newer. I'm honestly not a fan of the chasis as I feel it's way too big. BUt the real airhorns do get peoples attention :p

OP
OP
S

Simusid

Forum Captain
We're all afraid it's a little big too. But the guy that designed it *swears* up and down that it's not really any bigger than our GMC 4500, which we really like but they don't make any longer.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Heh, I think our 3500 Kodiak CHasis is too big too... but I'm an odd one that actually likes working in a well laid out Type II