New Site Coming Saturday - August 9

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
As you probably saw in the newsletter (you do read the newsletter, right?) I wrote about how we will be launching a new EMTLife.com in the near future. For the past couple weeks the Community Leadership team has been testing out the new site, preparing for its launch.

Today I'm excited to announce that on Saturday, August 9th beginning at 8am EST we will begin the switch to the new site.

To ensure that no data is lost, the forum will be closed for the duration of the transition. It is expected to be closed for several hours.

We thank you for your patience during this time and can't wait to unveil the new site to you.

As always, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We have a newsletter? ;)

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
If you're not receiving our newsletters and you want to, go to your UserCP...
http://www.emtlife.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

And then make sure this option is ticked...
tickoption.png

ThadeusJ

Forum Lieutenant
So how long will the transition be as I plan to dress all in black and crawl into the fetal position in the dark during this time...

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I think I'll follow Rob [emoji2] Because, well, I already do it off the Internet anyway... [emoji52]

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
So how long will the transition be as I plan to dress all in black and crawl into the fetal position in the dark during this time...

:rofl:

I would roughly say about five hours. Could be less, could be longer.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Is it just gonna be a new look?

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Is it just gonna be a new look?

No, the forum will be on a completely new platform.

The current platform is no longer supported by the parent company. The new platform we'll be switching to will help support our growth. It comes with many new benefits which I'll try to expand on later this evening or tomorrow morning.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Any changes as far as accessing the forum using Tapatalk?

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Any changes as far as accessing the forum using Tapatalk?

It's a debate that we're having internally. At this time we plan to offer Tapatalk for two reasons:
  1. So many users use it
  2. We use Tapatalk to access other forums as well

The new site is responsive, meaning that whether you view it on a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, the site and forum will resize itself appropriately. And I have to say it does so beautifully.

Personally, I will be accessing the site w/o using Tapatalk.

samiam

Amazing Member
Is it xenforo? Xenforo is soooo sexy let me know if you need any help! I manage a few websites in my ten free minutes a week in medical school.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Is it xenforo? Xenforo is soooo sexy let me know if you need any help! I manage a few websites in my ten free minutes a week in medical school.

Yep, it's built on the Xenforo platform.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Ooh, new shiny! Good to hear it will accept tapatalk. Thank you for considering us mobile users.

We'd love for you to also give it a shot without Tapatalk and provide us with some feedback. It really is nice and easy to use.

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Oh I will, I use the website when home and tapatalk during downtime when out and about.
I meant use your phone to access the site. The responsive nature of the design makes it easy to read and use on phones and tablets.