NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I don't see the "new posts" button when I view the forum on my iPhone. I either need to turn my phone to the side or scroll to the bottom. Is this normal?

image.jpg

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My iPhone also does that, unsure if we're just special or if the buttons won't fit.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Normal for now. This was addressed in Matt's post in the Announcements post. It's something we were/are aware of and it will be addressed as we tweak other parts of the site.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
You can also tap just to the right of "Forums" and a drop down box will appear with the link to New Posts as well.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Sorry. I missed the note about it not working, but the drop down trick doesn't work. The only options are HOME and CHAT.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I have the same problem with my Android. I have to tap on my profile and then go to alerts and such and then worm my way into new posts.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
It's not ideal, or obvious by any state of the imagination, but we're working on making it better. :)

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
After some use of the new version, I don't find the placement of the new posts button at the bottom of the page bad at all. You only have to scroll down the page the first time. Then, you will already be at the bottom of the page so its actually conveniently placed.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
The "New Posts" link is now located on the top menu bar.

If you're on a mobile device you'll need to click that fancy ≡ icon to find the "New Posts" link.

Let me know what you think.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Good!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm...I do like having a "New Posts" button in the floating header out and easy to click without hunting for it....but idk where it could be put up there without screwing everything else up, so I guess I'll just have to deal with that whole strenuous extra click I gotta do for now lols.

On my laptop and tablet I'll hit the New Posts button up in the floating menu bar, but on my phone I find I switch back and forth between the = button at top (my phone doesn't have an icon for the 3 bar), usually if the new post is the last one in the thread, or if I find myself scrolling I'll usually just let it scroll down to the menu at the bottom of the screen.