New Here!

Hello everyone!

A little about myself. I'm 27 years of age and have been certified as an EMT since 2002. I'm currently pursuing a bachelors degree in anthropology and will be serving as site EMT for one of my college field practicums this semester. Although I'm currently pursuing my bachelors degree in anthropology, I'm really interested in re-pursuing a career in the Emergency Medical Services field. I just wanted to briefly introduce myself to everyone here at EMTLife.com. Happy New Year everyone!

Sincerely,
Bruce B.
EMT-1
California

Last edited by a moderator:

Yukon

Forum Ride Along
Hello! I`m new here too....joined up yesterday. Welcome! :)

OP
OP
C
OP
OP
C

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Hello, welcome to the forum.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Welcome,
Sit back and relax....soak up all they have to offer here. That's what I have been doing;)

OPQRST

Forum Probie
New here as well AND new to EMS... Just got my NREMT cert in December and am now entering the Medic course...

I'm 50 years old and in the process of "reinventing" my career options.
I figured the high paying, low stress job of EMS was perfect.

EMT-B
West Virginia

Last edited by a moderator:

SSwain

Forum Captain
New here as well AND new to EMS... Just got my NREMT cert in December and am now entering the Medic course...

I'm 50 years old and in the process of "reinventing" my career options.
I figured the high paying, low stress job of EMS was perfect.EMT-B
West Virginia

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Before you laugh about high pay, low stress of EMS:

I left 13 years as a retail manager, making a decent salary (but it was SALARY) 84 hrs a week average, no OT. lots of stress.
I was a volunteer EMT-B for 2 years before I quit and started doing it FT. EMS is stressful; but in a different way than other jobs; only stressful on some runs, if you don't stress about every little thing.
Also: I made OT for the first time in 12 years; and it does make a difference. Worked about the same hours but actually got paid better. The most I ever made in Retail was $50,000; I have average about $65,000 in EMS.