NCTI- Anatomy & Physiology

king008

Forum Ride Along
Has anyone ever taken the Anatomy & Physiology course at any of the NCTI locations? Please help explain your experience, and what's expected?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I haven't taken it, but it looks like a fast track and extra cash grab for medic school. I doubt it is comparable to a college level anatomy & physiology class.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I haven't taken it either but I agree that it's probably a fast-track course that doesn't really delve into the subject deeply enough to make a big difference. If it is transferable to a junior college for full credit as 1 year of A&P, then it's probably ok. I doubt it is transferable.

The course likely makes up for a bit of the lack of A&P you get at most medic schools that don't have a formal college level A&P prerequisite. My school didn't require it but recommended it.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
It will give you a head start/ heads up on what to expect in the program and make it a little easier for you. Very fast paced and everything crammed into a really short block. If your good with your basic anatomy you should be fine. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mttbdtd

Forum Probie
I took it and my suggestion is don't. It helped. But there is so much that is missed. Six eight hour days to go through a 800 page textbook that is poorly written. I didn't work when I took the course so I was able to study a lot. Others that weren't so lucky had a rough time. I do believe everyone passed the class though. It is not transferable either.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Save your money, and go watch some Kahn Academy on YouTube. It's free and you'll probably learn more.