MedicWest - Pre-employment Skills Test

TreySpooner65

Forum Lieutenant
I was invited to a skills test for MedicWest (North Las Vegas).

Is there anything I should prepare for?

They mentioned of course an exam, scenarios and a "mega code."

I'm not familiar with a mega code, I
Imagine it's just what it sounds like?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
CPR/AED would be a BLS megacode

OP
OP
T

TreySpooner65

Forum Lieutenant

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I got my start at MedicWest, great place that I'm looking to go back to. IIRC, they cover the east side of the Las Vegas Valley and I-15 north until the edge of Clark County, as well as a lot of the special events and such. Busy 911 system, EMSC-owned so there's mobility within the AMR network, and professional management. Employees are mostly great with a few not-so-great, trucks were good, protocols were pretty awesome.

If any of y'all from Management are watching, I'm OK with a rehire lol.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Oh. That sounds much more intimidating than it actually is. Thanks haha

No worries. Even ALS megacodes aren't that tough. Just my opinion though. Good luck on your test! If you have any questions about NV EMS shoot me a pm. Clark county is separate from Nevada so I'll try to help as much as I can.

z3nmedic

Forum Ride Along
So the megacode portion is just CPR/AED right? I have a testing date scheduled with MedicWest coming up, and they mentioned skills as well. Are those just NREMT skills, like OPA/ NPA, splinting, ect...?

cwhitsitt3

Forum Ride Along
So I have a test coming up here for paramedic. What should I expect and what are some specifics they are looking for? (Of at least you can share).

What would you study material.wise? I hear Brady books but my school did use them so I was wondering if protocols would suffice.

Any advise also due to coming from bay area. I will relocate of hired. I would love to work at medic west!