Medical director compenstaion and insurances costs

bedrock904

Forum Ride Along
Good day All! any of you know what a typical compensation a medical director might charge a private state license ambulance for their services? and the going rate for their malpractice insurance? thanks in advance!

OP
OP
B

bedrock904

Forum Ride Along
Going rate for medical director around me is 15 to 25k annually.
thank you, are you a private ambulance? we are a state license ambulance at a industrial site, our EMT's are state and nationally register but work in the plant. our plant is behavioral safety based and only 1 run in 5 years. we train anywhere from 4 to 8 hours a month keeping our skills and conducting scenarios in the field! The MD keeps our prescriptions current and the licensure paperwork we need to stay license!

FiremanMike

Just a dude
thank you, are you a private ambulance? we are a state license ambulance at a industrial site, our EMT's are state and nationally register but work in the plant. our plant is behavioral safety based and only 1 run in 5 years. we train anywhere from 4 to 8 hours a month keeping our skills and conducting scenarios in the field! The MD keeps our prescriptions current and the licensure paperwork we need to stay license!
It all depends on what you want out of your medical director. We pay $20k per year but we get 8 hours per month out of her split between in person training and QI. If you just want someone to sign their name to your protocol and drug license, I think you could get off pretty cheap. Look at the municipal department closest to you, see who their medical director is, and reach out to them..

OP
OP
B

bedrock904

Forum Ride Along
It all depends on what you want out of your medical director. We pay $20k per year but we get 8 hours per month out of her split between in person training and QI. If you just want someone to sign their name to your protocol and drug license, I think you could get off pretty cheap. Look at the municipal department closest to you, see who their medical director is, and reach out to them..
thanks

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Several ambulance services in my area and the one I work with pay their Med Dir. a range of 3000-8000 per YEAR. They participate in monthly QI, they are notified and involved if any serious concerns arise, and they show their pretty face to a training meeting or two once a quarter.

Medical Mal all depends on who they go through, how much coverage, etc...that is a wide range. Many physicians are already covered either by their personal professional policy or by their Medical Group policy. If not, a rider for MC is easier to add on as a rider. All the docs in my area who are MC docs are also practicing docs with a large group at nearby hospitals.

So the above is for rural Maine

In Florida, different story. MC was heavily involved and being a MC Doc was a full time role. Not like every day 9-5, but it required many hours a month, lots of meetings, training, involvement. Much larger service (municipal too), and the MC there when I first started way back when was making 50-60K a year....flash forward and they are now close to or above the 100K a year...not a bad side gig for them.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
We pay ours $20K (civilian doc for Army Base EMS); PT job pays about the same Civilian for Private Service EMS.