MedCoast Ambulance?

JENNI

Forum Probie
Anybody know anything about this company I have a interview with them tomorrow?

EMTSic

Forum Probie
I had an interview with them as well but found out they were kind of sketchy, apparently the owner was also high up in Pacific and he got into it with a couple other people, then Pacific was missing 5 ambulances and then a couple weeks later Medcoast comes up with a couple ambulances.

Most of the fireman I know I asked and they haven't even heard of it.

jon51

Forum Crew Member
I have had many friends who work there. Typical IFT company, stay unrecognized and just do your job right. Mostly IFT, dialysis, and they even have CCT now. I would recommend another company but I understand in this economy it is hard to pass up on a job. Let me know if you have more specific questions.

EMT_HN

Forum Ride Along
How did the interview go JENNI? I was thinking about applying with them. Can you share your experience with us?

OP
OP
J

JENNI

Forum Probie
How did the interview go JENNI? I was thinking about applying with them. Can you share your experience with us?

Well I got in and they had me fill out a application and they gave me a 26 question test. Afterwards I was about to be interivewed by there operation manager and their HR manager but they looked at my school schedule and asked if I would be able to take off 2-3 weeks off for training which I couldn't because of my school schedule. They said that they would keep my application and I could call them when winter break came to do another interview if I wanted. I was pretty bummed because I realized that most companies will need me to have some time off for training:sad:

Ratchet1215

Forum Ride Along
I had an interview with them. It went really well and everyone was really cool. They even offered me a job. But unfortunately I didn't have the money it was gonna take to get the LA DOT permit. So I had to turn it down. :sad:

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
I had an interview with them. It went really well and everyone was really cool. They even offered me a job. But unfortunately I didn't have the money it was gonna take to get the LA DOT permit. So I had to turn it down. :sad:

Then why interview? If you want to work in a company that serves LA City at all - you will need that permit. It's cheaper than commuting if you are looking for work for money or experience.....

Ratchet1215

Forum Ride Along
I wasn't aware of such a permit until they told me about it in the interview. The total cost of getting a job there was $260 between LA DOT permit, OC Expanded Scope and LA Expanded scope. I didn't have the money. Its that simple. And it wouldn't be cheaper than commuting given the fact that I live 70 miles away from the job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratchet1215

Forum Ride Along
I live in San Bernardino. I was willing to make the commute but unfortunately just didn't have the money for those licenses.

EDIT* San Bernardino Mountains

Last edited by a moderator: