Lost Ambulance DL Question (California)

klmedic

Forum Ride Along
Hello! Somewhere along the lines I seem to have lost my ADL. I was in the field and had a temporary one but moved to dispatch when they shut down the ALS program at my company, so haven't needed one for 6 months. I am looking to get back into the field, but can't seem to find my ADL anywhere, just a copy of my temporary one. Anyone ever gone through this? I'm mainly trying to avoid having to get my Livescan done again. Any help would be appreciated.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Contact the DMV. They should have a record of you being issued the ambulance driver certificate. The last time I checked my printout, it showed mine as "expired" because it's been that long since I last needed one... but it was there.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I lost mine about three to four years ago. I went to the DMV, and they immediately gave me a new temporary one on the spot, and I got the white copy several months later.

emsbroadcast

Forum Probie
I lost mine about three to four years ago. I went to the DMV, and they immediately gave me a new temporary one on the spot, and I got the white copy several months later.

Definitely get a temporary one right away at the DMV. Meanwhile if you ever get pulled over, PD usually can see it when they pull your record from your driver's license.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes your local DMV can issue you a temporary and an official piece of white paper has to come from Sacramento.

It takes a while, if it ever shows up at all.