Looking to move to Colorado. Any good 911 places??

Is Colorado a good state to work in?

• Total voters

Medicbob

Forum Probie
I am currently a paramedic in Florida. I have my license switched to Colorado and don't really know where to look for a good place to live. I kind of want to stay on the east side of the state near the mountains, so I can have plenty to do (since this is the reason I'm moving). Anyone know of any places hiring or good place to work for? Already applied at AMR Boulder (2 weeks, no response yet.), Denver health shot me down, and just applied up in Fort Collins. Any input would be great! Thanks!....

By the way...pay sucks terribly in Florida. 15 as a paramedic...

COtoWestAfricaMEDIC

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Do a search you will find many postings with a good amount of info and lists. there are a lot of good places, just avoid the private's, AMR and the likes.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Summit

Critical Crazy
You'll probably find slightly higher pay and much higher cost of living. The farther you are from Boulder/Denver, the lower your cost of living.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
AMR El Paso County (CO Springs) is a good division of tbe evil empire. You covered yhe big one with DG, why did they shoot you down?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Springs AMR is good and has a reasonable hiring practice. There's a fair number or long-timers there but I'm not sure it's a career place given the high call volume and general AMRness. If I was moving I'd definitely take a job there and spend a few years figuring out the lay of land and where the better services are. I work for a small third service near the springs and keep my AMR job for extra money and a change of scenery.