Job for new EMT in SoCal in San Fernando Valley Area?

KhukuriLord

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum. Like the title says, I'm a new EMT and I was wondering what places are the best to apply to as a new EMT? I'm located near the valley so I'd like to look for a job there but I'm open to Ventura County and jobs closer to LA as well. Thanks!

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
AMR Santa Clarita, Gold Coast Ventura, AMR Ventura, CARE. 911 wise pretty much just AMR, CARE, or McCormick. There’s a lot of IFT companies. Off top of head, I hear decent things from emts about PRN, first med, royalty, and medic-1 when it comes to scheduling and work/life balance

OP
OP
KhukuriLord

KhukuriLord

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the reply! Have you heard anything about Premier, Ambuserve, or All-Town ambulance? Thanks!

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
I haven’t heard anything good or bad about those companies. All town And ambuserve I feel will be more dialysis. Premier would be my choice if those are the interviews you have lined up.

OP
OP
KhukuriLord

KhukuriLord

Forum Ride Along
Ah ok. I've actually lined up interviews with Lifeline (Ventura county), PRN, and Ambuserve so it looks like all three are pretty decent. I was hoping to apply for McCormick in Compton but they stopped hiring by the time I got my ambulance DL and medical report. Is there any other companies I should probably look for/out for? Thanks once again!

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Lifeline venture will be good! I think start off on IFT side but they have 911 side as well which I believe is basic/medic configuration (could be wrong) there or PRN.
unless your down driving to antelope valley area for AMR or Bakersfield for hall

CbrMonster

Forum Lieutenant
For the love of god do not work for Ambuserve.... that’s a sad sad sad place to work. I was a supervisor there for a year.....

As far as I know lifeline is ift only, mainly based out of hospitals

I highly recommend

mccormick
Care

if you have more questions drop me a message

OP
OP
KhukuriLord

KhukuriLord

Forum Ride Along
For the love of god do not work for Ambuserve.... that’s a sad sad sad place to work. I was a supervisor there for a year.....

As far as I know lifeline is ift only, mainly based out of hospitals

I highly recommend

mccormick
Care

if you have more questions drop me a message
Hey, super late reply but thanks for the heads up. I immediately got that feeling when I visited the station for my interview back then, everything was so off and kinda weird, even the interviewer felt inexperienced and unprofessional. Possibly the worst interview that I've gone to haha. I ended up going with PRN, pretty nice company, no complaints so far!