Its official

8jimi8

CFRN
Rather than challenge the P card,

I have elected to complete my certification online. I am going through Percom. Pretty much, will be watch their lectures, read my book and teach myself. Coming back full circle, this is how I earned my Basic, as well as Intermediate education. I guess we'll get the results of that once I get into the field.

Also,

finally finished my application for RN-BSN program at UT Arlington. An online program as well.

I'm planning on blasting out as many chapters and clinical hours as I can between now and april 11th, when my BSN program begins. I'm confident that I can handle the coursework between both programs.

This is my solution to competing career interests. When in doubt, double up.

nemedic

Forum Captain
You should do fine. Seeing as with (I assume) is an ADN, you already have more education than most medics. The online lectures should be a good way of learning the medic way of doing things, and what to expect when testing for the P card. either way, good luck

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Good luck man. Hope it all works out :)

OP
OP
8jimi8

8jimi8

CFRN
Thanks! It has to. There is no try and no doubling back for second chances.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thanks! It has to. There is no try and no doubling back for second chances.

That is true... At this point though I'm wishing I had taken the route you are to get the a similar end goal..

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Keep up the good work, and thanks for the inspiration you provide us while doing it!

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Rather than challenge the P card,

I have elected to complete my certification online. I am going through Percom. Pretty much, will be watch their lectures, read my book and teach myself. Coming back full circle, this is how I earned my Basic, as well as Intermediate education. I guess we'll get the results of that once I get into the field.

Also,

finally finished my application for RN-BSN program at UT Arlington. An online program as well.

I'm planning on blasting out as many chapters and clinical hours as I can between now and april 11th, when my BSN program begins. I'm confident that I can handle the coursework between both programs.

This is my solution to competing career interests. When in doubt, double up.

Good luck. I know you can do it. Don't forget to set aside time to attend a CCRN Review course in the mean time before challenging the beast.

rhstanford

Forum Probie
8jimi8; Can you keep me updated on your progress? I am considering PERCOM Online and would like some more info. I live in AZ so my bigest concern is the amount of traveling I would have to do.