It most definitely hit the fan

MarilynEagle

Forum Crew Member
Last night, while studying for my EMT-B class final and practical exam, I started feeling very nauseous. At about 10pm I started to vomit like there was no tomorrow. At about 10:30 I was back in the bathroom leaning over the toilet vomiting profusely. This nonsense continued until about 5am. The stomach flu (I understand that isn't a real medical term) couldnt have come at a better time... Throughout the entire class there is only about 4 all day saturday practice sessions. I was banking on having this day to really get my skills perfected so I'd be ready to test this upcoming Thursday. The class final is this Tuesday, and I cant say I feel very confident with that either now that I have destroyed this crucial time to review. I had this weekend planned out perfectly, but trying to concentrate is difficult when you feel absolutely terrible.

I am asking you guys what you think I should do. Should I go ahead and take the class final and see how I do? And then wait to take the registry practical exam until I feel solid with my skills? Or should I go ahead and see how I do anyways and if I fail I could go retest.

How many times can you retake the practical exam? If you exceed the limit do you have to retake the class?

I also am not in a huge hurry to become an EMT. It would just be nice to get everything out of the way. Let me know what you guys think.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
If you aren't in a hurry, just put it off until you feel great and everything in your life is absolutely P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

That's always the best way to get things done.

Last edited:

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
Ummm, talk with your instructor, get their opinion. Your passing or failing of the exam reflects on them to a certain point.

And be grateful it didn't strike in the middle of the practical exam. There's always a worse time for bad things to happen..