I Need Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ok, so.

Yesterday at work, my partner and I were minding our own business, picking up a patient from the hospital. We wander past another one of our crews on the way out, I say a nice and cheerful "Hiii!" and they say nothing in return. Hmm. Fine. Whatever.

So down to the truck, I go to open the back door, my fingers slip in some goo. What the? Further inspection, it's dun dun dun ORAL GLUCOSE. On all of our door handles.

My partner, not my normal partner but my partner for the day was LIVID. Ooooh, we put our patient in the truck, he grabs some oral glucose, and globs it on their door handles (As they put it on EVERY door handle on our truck.). I tell him to come and sit with my patient, grab some KY Jelly outta the truck, and to my dissapointment their doors are locked. However, in case someone locks themselves out of their trucks, there's a hide-a-key in the grill of the truck, so I retrieve their hidden key, open their doors, and KY Jelly the front seats. And we're off.

Later that day we're parked dropping off a patient at a different hospital, the same truck ends up next to us, and lets the air out of our rear passenger tire.

The same crew will be working Thursday, as will I be with that same not regular partner thursday. We have a need for revenge.

Ideas?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Not to sound like a prude but that is bad to do. You are putting patients at risks by your childish actions. The action of letting air out is especially bad. I would demand the physical pranks stop before patients are harmed.

Have verbal fun when out of the publics hearing, physical pranks have no place in EMS.

rchristi

Forum Crew Member
Not to sound like a prude but that is bad to do. You are putting patients at risks by your childish actions. The action of letting air out is especially bad. I would demand the physical pranks stop before patients are harmed.

Have verbal fun when out of the publics hearing, physical pranks have no place in EMS.

It's always funny til someone gets an eye poked out. Seriously, someone needs to be the adult and stop the cycle of prank - counterprank.
I don't know about other places, but horseplay is grounds for discipline up to being fired in my workplace.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
I'm all for fun pranks and all, but I draw the line at anything that affects patient care, including anything that delays a response or transport. This includes, but not limited to, gunk on door handles and messing with the patient compartment.

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
The air in the rear tire was not kosher, but ky on the seats is just funny. Why do you have ky in your rig tho? (genuine question)

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'm all for fun pranks and all, but I draw the line at anything that affects patient care, including anything that delays a response or transport. This includes, but not limited to, gunk on door handles and messing with the patient compartment.

My partner for that day is very interested in finding out what car they drive

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
The air in the rear tire was not kosher, but ky on the seats is just funny. Why do you have ky in your rig tho? (genuine question)

It's verrry good lubricant for stuff like OPAs, NPAs, etc.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I think the air out of the tire was a step WAY too far. This isn't "Mother, Juggs, and Speed"

I've heard of surgilube on the door... and I work with someone who thinks thats funny.

medic417

The Truth Provider
It's always funny til someone gets an eye poked out. Seriously, someone needs to be the adult and stop the cycle of prank - counterprank.
I don't know about other places, but horseplay is grounds for discipline up to being fired in my workplace.

Even services that have supervisors that allow it usually have in writing not to do horseplay. So now someone gets hurt. Company fires those involved and if the injured was involved as well workers comp is denied.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Wow yeah sure how unprofessionalk will they look when they get out of the ambulance. Crap grow up people.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Saran wrap their car.

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
Wow yeah sure how unprofessional will they look when they get out of the ambulance. Crap grow up people.

A little ky doesn't hurt! :p

Pranks happen in the work place all the time. I see my fare share in construction all the time. No, it does not make it right, specially how dangerous a construction site is. I have seen a few drops of water from a water cup turn into a whole cooler of water. One Tac in a chair to a entire chair covered in them. A simple prank once in a while is fine as long as it doesn't escalate like letting the air out of their tires or become harmful to peoples pt's. Watch what you do and don't take things too far. B)

Horseplay should be kept out of the workplace because that is when people get hurt and I have seen it on many occasions. I had my neck hurt pretty bad when a guy on my crew thought it would be funny to jump up and slam down hard on my hard hat. One turtle slam (hitting someone on the top of their hat with yours) turns into something where someone gets hurt. Lev does not endorse horseplay. :wacko:

Just my opinion

In this type of stuff typical in the US?

I don't know about in EMS but I'm sure it happens a little in just about every field.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
I like that one. I like it very much.

If you do it I hope they press charges for vandalizing their car.

Please people try and be a little bit of a professional. No person or property should be touched to have fun. Joke with each other, buy board games and play them. Horseplay must stop.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Please people try and be a little bit of a professional. No person or property should be touched to have fun. Joke with each other, buy board games and play them. Horseplay must stop.

I hope you have fun in your boring little world where you get mad at people playing pranks.... There is ABSOLUTELY NO HARM in doing that to their car, it does not damage it at all even... And to clean it up, what do they have to do? Take a pair or scissors and just make one cut up the side of the wrap... And then what? Stick it in their trash can.

I agree them letting the air out of the tires was a bit much though.

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief

That's not horseplay. It's revenge.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Sadly EMS in the USA is not a real profession.

When you get paid basically minimum wage what do you expect? If I was making 25/hour, then I probably would be less thrilled with pranks, because the almost triple pay rate would make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.