Hobet emt-p entrance exam

schwing343

Forum Crew Member
I will be taking the HOBET entrance exam in a couple weeks, and was wondering if any of you guys have any advice on how to prepare for this test. If not thanks anyway.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
If you passed 8th grade successfully, you will do fine.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I did pre algebra in 6th and 7th grade, regular algebra in 8th. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I did pre algebra in 6th and 7th grade, regular algebra in 8th. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt...
Yeah.

It really isn't that hard. It isn't medical at all... it is just a basic test of stuff you learned in middle school and high school.

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
I had to take it this past year and there isnt much to it. Know your algebra, know how to convert decimal (and percentages) to fractions and vice versa, know how to add, subtract,divide, multiply equal and unequal fractions. Know how to read a paragraph and decipher the plot of it.

Thats pretty much it for the part that is "graded", Math and Reading

The part that isnt "graded" are questions that help the instructor determine how you learn and study habit (solo, visual, group, etc...)

OP
OP
schwing343

schwing343

Forum Crew Member
Just got done taking the test, wasn't bad, there was some math that I havn't seen in 6 years,lol. Tried my best, let you guys know how I did!

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats. Amazed you had to wait for the results....I had mine just minutes after I finished the test. Once the computer stated the test was over, I went to the next room where a counselor printed them, verified I had scored well enough to warrant an interview for the medic program then scheduled me for the interview

OP
OP
schwing343

schwing343

Forum Crew Member
yea, we had to take it with pen and paper. i actually got my results earlier than expected, they said they would be here around thanksgiving.