• Before posting in this section, please take a moment and review our EMS Job Posting Guidelines.

Hiring EMTs in the OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
We know there's a lot going on up on LA. However, just want to put it out there - Emergency Ambulance is seeking applicants for EMT positions.

9 or 12 hour shifts are available as are some 24's.

We provide transportation in the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA Metropolitan Area and respond to both IFT and 911 calls. Service levels include ALS, BLS and Specialty Care Transport, and all of our EMT's get a chance to respond to fire calls.

If you are interested in applying please check out our website.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Does Emergency employ their own medics?

OP
OP
deadhead

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
Does Emergency employ their own medics?
Hi. No we do not employ our own Medics. We use our CCT RNs for ALS runs. The other ALS level calls are handled by the fire department medics

OP
OP
deadhead

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
We know there's a lot going on up on LA. However, just want to put it out there - Emergency Ambulance is seeking applicants for EMT positions.

9 or 12 hour shifts are available as are some 24's.

We provide transportation in the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA Metropolitan Area and respond to both IFT and 911 calls. Service levels include ALS, BLS and Specialty Care Transport, and all of our EMT's get a chance to respond to fire calls.

If you are interested in applying please check out our website.

WE STILL HAVE POSITIONS OPEN FOR ANY INTERESTED EMTs. Aside from the big guys (e.g. Care, AMR or McCormick) this is a good opportunity for persons seeking 911 experience.

Javier Toledo

Forum Ride Along
WE STILL HAVE POSITIONS OPEN FOR ANY INTERESTED EMTs. Aside from the big guys (e.g. Care, AMR or McCormick) this is a good opportunity for persons seeking 911 experience.
I read on your website its required to be 201/2 to apply. IM 19 and will be 20 in August, I'm I able to apply ? I have all my emt certs.

OP
OP
deadhead

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
I read on your website its required to be 201/2 to apply. IM 19 and will be 20 in August, I'm I able to apply ? I have all my emt certs.
Javier, Sorry - No, unfortunately you wouldn't be eligible for hire given our insurance requirements. Our hands are tied on that. All of our EMTs must be drivers and in order to be on the insurance you've got to be 20 1/2. I'm not sure, but Care and McCormick might hire persons who are 19. Have you tried either of those companies? Also, I know Doctors will hire at 19 because they're part of AMR- They may be a good option. Good luck.

Javier Toledo

Forum Ride Along
Javier, Sorry - No, unfortunately you wouldn't be eligible for hire given our insurance requirements. Our hands are tied on that. All of our EMTs must be drivers and in order to be on the insurance you've got to be 20 1/2. I'm not sure, but Care and McCormick might hire persons who are 19. Have you tried either of those companies? Also, I know Doctors will hire at 19 because they're part of AMR- They may be a good option. Good luck.
Thank you! I appreciate the advise

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Hi. No we do not employ our own Medics. We use our CCT RNs for ALS runs. The other ALS level calls are handled by the fire department medics

So paramedics only do 911 calls for the fire dept, and nurses do all the als IFT work?

I'm curious what an RN gets paid to watch the squiggly line or baby sit a saline drip/abx infusion...

OP
OP
deadhead

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
So paramedics only do 911 calls for the fire dept, and nurses do all the als IFT work?

I'm curious what an RN gets paid to watch the squiggly line or baby sit a saline drip/abx infusion...
Let me clarify. The fire medics handle the ALS and ride with our BLS crews. That's the way it works in the OC. We essentially contract the services of the FD and pass dollars back to them for providing the ALS services.
The company's nurses do IFT work - both ALS calls and the CCTs. Without going into detail - they're paid a lot. They're a pretty good group of employees, but most of the work they perform could be done by PMs but unfortunately it just doesn't work that way.

OP
OP
deadhead

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
Javier, Please go ahead and apply anyway. There's always the possibility that an attendant only position would be available. Our biggest handicap is our insurer. They pretty much don't budge on the driver underwriting guidelines. I'd like to see your application anyways

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Let me clarify. The fire medics handle the ALS and ride with our BLS crews. That's the way it works in the OC. We essentially contract the services of the FD and pass dollars back to them for providing the ALS services.
The company's nurses do IFT work - both ALS calls and the CCTs. Without going into detail - they're paid a lot. They're a pretty good group of employees, but most of the work they perform could be done by PMs but unfortunately it just doesn't work that way.

So there are basically no private ems paramedics then?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
OC allowed private medics into the county a couple years ago. So far, only one company runs medic units doing IFTs. The fire Union was strongly against it.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Wow. All that time and effort to maybe get a fire job someday. Are there a lot of Emts out that way that go to medic school on spec like that?

Here, you can always find work as a medic doing ift/private type 911 work, so you have a medic income and are gaining some als experience while waiting for a fire job(if that's the way you want to go).

Jdog

Forum Crew Member
Occasionally. Right now we're looking for FT EMTs.

@deadhead, would you accept weekend-only (Friday-Sunday) availability? I would be willing to work 9s/12s/24s/48s over the weekend, but am currently attending school full-time Monday through Thursday. I currently have a year and a half of EMT experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.