Highest paying medic Jobs in CA?

Mitchellmvhs

Forum Crew Member
So I’m asking because I got denied from nursing school (All the ADN programs I applied to) and plan on starting medic school at Ben Clark (Moreno Valley College) this August.

Does anyone know the highest paying agencies in CA? I’m probably gonna stay at my AMR division in Riverside for a bit (I actually like working at AMR lol) but Medics at mine make literally a dollar more than a basic but have more OT incentives. But we’re hoping our pay increases significantly after our upcoming union contract negotiation. Also non-fire jobs I have no interest in doing fire esp bc I need a regular schedule to able to continue school. I also like working on a box.

I really want to work in San Diego but I’m not a huge fan of their protocols. One of the part-time medics at my division who just went to Reach was explaining to me how REMSA and ICEMA have the better protocols.

Just trying to find a place that might pay better so I can afford living. I plan to work on my bachelors after medic school since I have an AA already. Really thinking about PA school after.

Last edited:

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
I heard Hemet is starting medics at 27/hr and Desert Cities might be even more. SD pays garbage most places, but their protocols are not that far off Riverside's. I went to MVC, albeit when it was still RCC, but good luck, it's actually a good program IMO.

OP
OP
Mitchellmvhs

Mitchellmvhs

Forum Crew Member
I heard Hemet is starting medics at 27/hr and Desert Cities might be even more. SD pays garbage most places, but their protocols are not that far off Riverside's. I went to MVC, albeit when it was still RCC, but good luck, it's actually a good program IMO.
Thank you! I’m excited to start, I’m really ready to move on from a basic and start doing the cool things you medics do lol. I’m just tired of not being able to do much on calls and I want to do more.

And I’ve heard that as well with Hemet. I’m in the riverside division so we’re the unionized one. We have our contract negotiation this year and we’re all hoping to possible match hemet or be slightly above them.

I know a few medics out of my station as well that went to RCC/ Ben Clark and I’ve heard high praise for the program especially compared to NCTI.

Amr is offering rn to pay us while we go to medic school but I really wanted to do Ben Clark’s program.

As far as SD’s protocols I heard that they’re more of a Mother May I and have to call base a lot more than we do in riverside. I did read their protocols the other day however and saw that have IV-acetaminophen which I thought was pretty cool and I wish we had lol.