Heads Up CPR

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Heads up CPR... anyone using it? good/bad/snake oil claims?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
As soon as Medic One does it, the rest of the world will be required to follow suit.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Surprisingly.....they are doing Heads Up CPR here locally in Louisiana!!! It blew my mind.
They are using this device.

spimx

Forum Crew Member
That seems interesting it just needs a cohort of research to support it. I always thought that mechanical CPR would be more advanced by now and providing negative chest recoil. I created a cohort of research on mechanical CPR a few semesters ago. Down time and early access to cpr and defibrillation are the most detrimental to resuscitation.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
That seems interesting it just needs a cohort of research to support it. I always thought that mechanical CPR would be more advanced by now and providing negative chest recoil. I created a cohort of research on mechanical CPR a few semesters ago. Down time and early access to cpr and defibrillation are the most detrimental to resuscitation.
Our medical director is a hard no until there is actual data to support it. It does make theoretical sense, but she wants to see real numbers showing a difference before she moves in.

In her words, it is not the standard of care at this time so we will not be doing it..

OP
OP
DrParasite

DrParasite

Our medical director is a hard no until there is actual data to support it. It does make theoretical sense, but she wants to see real numbers showing a difference before she moves in.

In her words, it is not the standard of care at this time so we will not be doing it..
Based on what I heard at EMSWorld, the data has been obtained and it looks very promising: it just hasn't been published yet.

it should be peer-reviewed and published in the next few months. I am looking forward to reading it.

OP
OP
DrParasite

DrParasite

One of the heads up CPR vendors sent me this information... Not going to lie, if this is accurate, than it could be a game changer....

1634219476454.png

1634219513641.png

1634219540656.png

1634219567650.png

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
One of the heads up CPR vendors sent me this information... Not going to lie, if this is accurate, than it could be a game changer....
I don’t believe the magnitude of this effect for one second. First off, non-randomized data. But all that aside, the notion that ANY intervention can increase survival/neurologically intact survival >4x compared to standard of care is unfathomable. Treatment effects just aren’t that large in modern medicine.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief