Georgia EMS Services

Adam Doll

Forum Ride Along
Good day,

I am new to this forum and want to inquire if anyone has any knowledge of EMS services in Georgia. I currently live and work in Missouri but eventually wanna move Georgia to be closer to family. I've done a little research online but wanted some input on reputable EMS services in Georgia. Preferably in the area of Atlanta, Marietta and Macon, but I'll gladly welcome info about services any where in the state. I would not be opposed to having to go through a fire Academy if that is where the good jobs are. That's how it is here in Missouri. I appreciate any information provided.

palmer1121

Forum Crew Member
City of Atlanta is run by Grady EMS. Fulton county outside the city of Atlanta is run by AMR/Rural Metro. Dekalb county is rural metro. Cobb county is metro Atlanta ems and Puckett I think. Cherokee, Gwinnett, Clayton, Fayette, Henry and Hall county are fire based EMS. Forsyth county (cumming) is central EMS.

No idea about the Macon area

twistedMP

Forum Crew Member
City of Atlanta is run by Grady EMS. Fulton county outside the city of Atlanta is run by AMR/Rural Metro. Dekalb county is rural metro. Cobb county is metro Atlanta ems and Puckett I think. Cherokee, Gwinnett, Clayton, Fayette, Henry and Hall county are fire based EMS. Forsyth county (cumming) is central EMS.

No idea about the Macon area

Dekalb is amr not rural metro and Macon is middle ga ambulance service which is hospital based. Other than that you are correct. Metro Atlanta also has paulding county and 911 backup for Cherokee county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

palmer1121

Forum Crew Member
Also, there are a few hospital based services that are good places to work. Negmc runs white co EMS and their own transport. Union general EMS. Habersham county is a hospital based service. Spalding regional south of metro runs their own EMS also i think.

NightHealer865

Nationally Registered Paramedic
Do you guys have any input on what places are good to work for? what is the pay like?

I worked for Puckett EMS in their TN operation for a while. Good pay, good protocols, good equipment and excellent management. They actually care about you as and employee and will bend over backwards to help you. They were paying for Paramedic school and Critical Care school for a while. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
If you're still interested in the Macon area I work at Navicent Health EMS and can provide some insight into our operations.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

CTMD

Forum Crew Member
I worked for Puckett EMS in their TN operation for a while. Good pay, good protocols, good equipment and excellent management. They actually care about you as and employee and will bend over backwards to help you. They were paying for Paramedic school and Critical Care school for a while. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was looking at Puckett's protocols and they didn't seem too shabby. But I was looking at ones from 2010. Have they changed at all since then? Also I noticed the formulary was quite impressive yet all the meds weren't listed in the treatment protocols. Are some of those meds for CCT or something?