Ford 2006 E350 -newbie questions

2006E350

Forum Ride Along
HI, I purchased an E350 there are several issues and confusion as follows:

The cabin heater turns on and heats, but there is no blowing action in the vents.. The heat just eventually fills the cab.

Does the alternator charge the batteries when the vehicle is running/driving?

After plugging it in last night, I started up the engine and unplugged the ceramic heater that heat with all night. I then noticed that the overcharge indicator on the panel was blinking. In my vehicle I have a shore power and a generator option which is controlled by a switch. I had the switch turned to shore power with the vehicle motor running and wondered if that was the cause of overcharging?

Lastly, I have an ongoing issue of flickering headlights (lows only). Can anyone provide me with an understanding. I have been reading a lot online, but I am not a mechanically inclined person. I was told that the flickering could be and alternator problem, but that checked out ok. Someone else said it was because I was not plugging the vehicle in every night.
Thank you for any feedback.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Best bet would be to have a qualified mechanic you trust look over the vehicle. The problems you describe can be caused by a litany of things.

OP
OP

2006E350

Forum Ride Along
yeah I had someone look at it. I think that I have figured out the charging - I think the engine was turned on while switched to shore power and this caused the overcharge light.
I just wondered if anyone else had the flicker light issue or more insight into the workings of the system in a typical ambulance