For sale: 1 Stargate

JPINFV

Gadfly
I am selling a Stargate. This is not a joke... but with my father moving to Florida I've lost my storage space. If you're in San Marcos, CA (or willing to drive, no shipping...), please feel free to make an offer... I'll take pretty much anything reasonable for it.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/for/4807413450.html

OP
OP
JPINFV

JPINFV

Gadfly
If you want to pay for shipping... but I don't really have time to pack it up and ship.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
out of interest what did you use this for lol?

OP
OP
JPINFV

JPINFV

Gadfly
out of interest what did you use this for lol?

Absolutely nothing... if I had some place to put it up (it would have looked perfect in a game room time area), I would have, but it's been sitting in the garage since I got it.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
Fair one, someone must have a man-cave or backyard party to bring this too lol

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Holy crap...That is pretty awesome. That would have to be some kind of game room to fit that bad boy.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
I can honestly say ive never been more tempted by anything for sale on the internet before.
I do have some questions though:
Do you have a DHD? and if not how do you circumvent the dialing system? (perhaps a computer controlled protocol like that maj Carter developed?)
Is it ZPM powered and if so what is the remaining life of the module?
Is the gate equipped with and security measures to prevent unwanted intrusions?

If you cant tell, I love stargate and would be all over that If I lived in california and my wife wouldnt leave me for showing up with it one day.

Best of luck on your sale bud.

Serious question, custom made or purchased?

OP
OP
JPINFV

JPINFV

Gadfly
Neither. It was a promotional item at a movie theater I used to work for, so I got it for free when the promotional period ended. It should come with a door mat as well, but one of the managers took that. :-(

Summit

Critical Crazy
Does it come with a DHD and my own personal Jaffa army?

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
just throwing this out there, have you looked into posting this on any of the fan sites or collector pages for scifi related memorabilia? Im sure you could get better than craigslist value on those pages given its a promotional item and im assuming limited in issue/quantity.

OP
OP
JPINFV

JPINFV

Gadfly
I haven't yet, but I've literally have about 2 weeks to offload it.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Jaffa kree!

This is the most badass thing I have ever seen on the internet.

How much?

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Sad thing is, as large as that is, it still is not a 1:1 replica. And all stargates everywhere would have to be the exact same size, because if you tried to send something from a larger gate to a smaller one... please hold for technical difficulties :)

I suppose they could have some kind of ident system that would only let a smaller gate dial a bigger one instead of vice versa... but you'd probably end up being to unlucky Joe to find the bug in the protocol :)

OP
OP
JPINFV

JPINFV

Gadfly
The subform rules does not state that it has to be EMS related.

Soldiermedic247

Forum Probie
Well I just figured since its an emt site emt and ems related posts and sales would be all it entailed not start turning to an offbeat craigslist. That's my opinion. Like it or hate it.