Falck - or the 900-pound gorilla no one is aware of

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Alright,

From some research, Falck has bought out some large regional EMS agencies in the last year or so.

Care Ambulance
LifeStar Response (and their own acquisitions).
There's also a Falck Northern CA - not sure if that's a startup or was someone else.
Any other companies?

I'm on the East Coast - so LifeStar is of more interest to me than Care. From an outsider's view, Lifestar has many new-ish rigs. Anyone work for them? Thoughts?

In addition, Falck owns Falck Alford, which provides safety training and staffing, primarily for the oil industry, out of Louisiana. And it would appear that G4S is at least partially owned by Falck as well... That means Wackenhut is part of this too. Looking at the big picture a this company makes AMR and Rural Metro look like pimples. Thoughts?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Are you talking about the European Falck?

bigbaldguy

Wow! This could be a game changer if they get a foothold.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yes. Same Falck as in Europe.

And I concur it could be a game-changer - hence the title.

bigbaldguy

Actually when I saw the title I assumed the post was talking about me ;)

CrackerBDingus

Forum Crew Member
All I know is CARE keeps up to date rigs and has really good benefits. They make purchases on rigs often and falck has streamlined their application process (it takes less than a week to receive a response now, used to be 3-4 months). Seems like a big backer to have.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Falck owns Lifestar Response and runs IFT here in Delaware. (and 911 and IFT in nearby Maryland) They recently got approval to hire medics for ALS IFT. I hear good things about them.

Anonymous

Forum Captain
Falck is the largest ambulance company in the world and the third largest in the United States if I am not mistaken. Falck recently acquired CARE as you mentioned there has been a few threads on this already. As far as new rigs CARE has been receiving new rigs weekly but I think this is much in part due to the new Santa Ana contract rather then the acquisition.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
American ambulance based out of south florida had been bought out by falk, it's supposed to be their base of operations for the east coast operations. according to our management

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
328a6397-1095-37f8.jpg

This years EMS week shirts.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
American ambulance based out of south florida had been bought out by falk, it's supposed to be their base of operations for the east coast operations. according to our management

Sorry, forgot to mention, the new england american ambulance branch is also a part of the deal.

bigbaldguy

Sounds like this could be a positive thing for EMS in the US?

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
From what i've read on here and heard in the field, morale at CARE has gone down since they've taken over.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Falck owns Lifestar Response and runs IFT here in Delaware. (and 911 and IFT in nearby Maryland) They recently got approval to hire medics for ALS IFT. I hear good things about them.

Where are they running 911 in MD? From what I know, MD is primarily County-Based EMS, with lots of FD's running BLS, but much fewer running ALS. Only private 911 I know of in MD is a few retirement communities.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I used to work at life star when talk bought them

MedicBender

Forum Captain
Where are they running 911 in MD? From what I know, MD is primarily County-Based EMS, with lots of FD's running BLS, but much fewer running ALS. Only private 911 I know of in MD is a few retirement communities.

Eastern shore maybe? I've heard of one private out there back up 911, but not being the primary.

I have a few friends working at life star an I've heard numerous things both good and bad. They are all IFT from what they've said. I've never heard of them run 911.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Perhaps I'm mistaken. I was under the impression that they were doing some 911 in Maryland. Obviously, their operation here in Delaware is IFT only.

MedicBender

Forum Captain
I just talked to a friend from medic school who works there and he said they only do IFT.

If I remember right BestCare out on the shore will do back up 911 for Baltimore County.

The other privates in Maryland (ProCare, Butler, AAA, Transcare) are strictly IFT with no back up.

LifeStar has been expanding since I left. They are one of the few IFTs that will go into DC and Virginia to pick up. I'm not sure if Faulk is behind the expansion or not. Up until now I had never heard of them.