ER Ambulance San Diego question

SD_EMT

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, first off I tried to search for info on this company but couldn't find anything (if there is previous information, I'm sorry I didn't see it :unsure: ).

Anyway, I'm a new EMT here in San Diego and am going through the hiring process with ER Ambulance. Does anyone know much about them? They seem pretty small, but I wanted to make sure they were legit, for lack of better words, before I went through their ride along process (though I guess that would, in its self, help me with that). I just didn't want to waste too much time if I could get some previous warnings, or even praises.

Anyway, thanks for your time in advance, and I'm honestly sorry if this has already been covered somewhere the 'search' function doesn't want me to be shown :rolleyes:

619EMT

Forum Ride Along
Hey, I have never worked for ER ambulance but I have worked as an EMT in san diego. ER ambulance is a really small company and do mainly transports only. From my perspective no one in the EMS field really respected those guys..To me they always looked sloppy wearing just t-shirts for uniforms. I could be wrong, that was just my opinion.

Anyways,if you're just starting out go check out Balboa Ambulance. They're always hiring and looking for people. Its a larger company with a lot of scheduling options. I worked for them for about 6 months before I moved out to the east coast. I enjoyed it, mainly because it was a good step getting into EMS. They run a lot of inter-facility transports with their occasional nursing facility emergencies.

Also apply with Rural Metro, they have the 911 contract in san diego. Although they hire in classes every six months or so. If you can get your application in so they have it on file, they may give you a call when its time to hire.
hope this helps..feel free to ask any other questions. I work in Pennsylvania with an ALS company.