EMT video game training

zephers

Forum Probie
Has anyone heard of an EMT video game that can help with training and or with medical definitions?

EMTrigger

Forum Probie
Other than Operation? I don't think so

oneluv79

Forum Crew Member
More games...

The book: EMT Complete: A Basic Worktext by Limmer and Le Baudour (Brady/Prentice Hall Health ISBN# 013119265-5 or 9780131192652) has 2 CD-ROMs that come with this book that are filled with Crossword Puzzles, Jig-Saw Puzzles, Body & Body System Matching and Labeling Games, and lots of inactive 911 and Pt Scenarios and Critical Thinking.

I hope this helps you too...

oneluv79:)

Buzz

Forum Captain
The field medic training course in America's Army kind of hits some of the basics.

There was a news story last year about some kid that found someone bleeding on the side of the road and used first aid that he'd learned from the game.

Best I could think of. :rolleyes:

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
Well....if you have Grand Theft Auto, i believe you can pick people up and drive them to the hospital...but other than that and Operation as mentioned above, there isn't much out there.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Well....if you have Grand Theft Auto, i believe you can pick people up and drive them to the hospital...but other than that and Operation as mentioned above, there isn't much out there.

Or shoot them stab them and beat them with various objects which doesn't help them with EMS at all heheh:p

flashpoint

Forum Ride Along
The field medic training course in America's Army kind of hits some of the basics.

There was a news story last year about some kid that found someone bleeding on the side of the road and used first aid that he'd learned from the game.

Yeah, I have that game. All you do is sit in a class and listen to a (VERY basic) 5 minute lecture each on bleeding control, triage, and one other...I forgot.

All you do in the game if you're a medic is go to a wounded person and hold down "F" to fix them up. That's it.

Anyways, I have a website with an online type video game where you are given scenarios and a bunch of tools. You're in the ER and you have to provide care as if they were just brought in. On one scenario, I think cardiac, it says "...brought in by paramedics," but there were no treatment procedures provided. That's the only downside. It's pretty good though. You might have some troubles if you are EMT-B, but you have this palm pilot that gives you hints if you click on the question mark.

http://www.ersim.com/main.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Or shoot them stab them and beat them with various objects which doesn't help them with EMS at all heheh:p
You can also drive over them in the ambulance... that is always good fun.

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant

I play that game =]

snaketooth10k

Forum Crew Member
Emergency room

Theres a really old game called emergency room that you can play. Technically you are a doctor, but it's mostly als/bls skills anyway. Its a pretty good game.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
not yet...but then again i don't even have cable at home and other than this site i stay off the internet.

scottmcleod

Forum Crew Member

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=271086

Guy who saved lives is 2nd post down.

Here's my thought for a game:

- Allied Agencies (Police/Fire/EMS)
- You work your way up through training, through different job classes, etc... (rookie up to...swat, EMT-B up to CCP, fire rookie up to fire captain etc...)
- Pick some random city that's already been well documented, neglecting the need for a lot of R&D for game modelling (NYC, for instance, which has a fairly well established and popular 911 Service)
- Treatment/Action controls something along the line of Trauma Centre for Wii, but with the movement more like a 3rd person shooter.
- You'd obviously get the chance to move, drive, and treat. (so you'd have the fun of 3 different gameplay styles), you could also direct from a map view, once you get up to higher levels in the game. (IE: Fire Captain)

... bottom line: Kinda like GTA IV, but for savin' lives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerin-Sol

Forum Captain

The GTA III ambulance mini-mission is actually a great way to see what lights & sirens driving is like: half the cars ignore you & half slam on their brakes right in front of you. =D

Hockey

Quackers
Buy GTA IV for your PC if it can run it. You can mod it and play cops, or ambulance pickup. Fun stuff