EMT-P to Paramedic Transition Course

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
Have you taken yours yet? What did it consist of?

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I think he is referring to the curriculum change that added information to the former EMT-P curriculum and now call it "paramedic" instead of: Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic

MrJones

Iconoclast
Do you have to do this transition or is it optional?

Mandatory. If you are currently a Nationally Certified EMT-P and wish to maintain national certification as a Paramedic, you must provide NREMT with proof that you have completed a state approved transition/refresher course. The date by which you must do this depends on when your current NREMT-P certification expires. Refer to this site for dates and complete details.

AnthonyTheEmt

Forum Lieutenant
Mandatory. If you are currently a Nationally Certified EMT-P and wish to maintain national certification as a Paramedic, you must provide NREMT with proof that you have completed a state approved transition/refresher course. The date by which you must do this depends on when your current NREMT-P certification expires. Refer to this site for dates and complete details.

So this is only to keep national registry? Not for state right?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I am not a %100 sure Anthony. I was under the impression all states where making some kind of bridge that would be included within a standard state 48 hour refresher. To be honest though, I am not sure. The good news is you probably have 2-4 years before it becomes mandatory. NREMT-P's who fail to do it get reduced to Advanced EMT (aka EMT-I). Its pretty silly since it can be done in 1 day of lecture.