EMT jobs in the Phoenix area

Benjamin123

Forum Probie
I am currently living in the Phoenix area and I am having a really difficult time getting an EMT-b job. I am in medic school and I am working as a waiter. I would really like to use my EMT-b however and I never hear anything back from places I apply to. Any advice? Or should I just finish medic school and try and get a job then. Thanks in advance for the help. I am 19 and that has made it especially difficult becuase most places want you to be 21.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Join the Army, see the world.

Seriously.

Phoenix is a tough market for EMS at any level. If you're young, healthy and willing/able, a term of service is a great investment in yourself and helps you do a lot in the future.

If you just want to stay in EMS, you need to move out of AZ unless you want to be a firefighter.

OP
OP
B

Benjamin123

Forum Probie
Join the Army, see the world.

Seriously.

Phoenix is a tough market for EMS at any level. If you're young, healthy and willing/able, a term of service is a great investment in yourself and helps you do a lot in the future.

If you just want to stay in EMS, you need to move out of AZ unless you want to be a firefighter.
Funny you say that as I have been seriously considering that lately. Thanks for the advice! Were you a Medic in the army?