EMT gives mouth to mouth on cat

aarathi

Forum Ride Along
I cannot get this linking. I thought that it was EMT uses CPR to save a cat's life in Lansford, Pennsylvania.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
It looks like AOL has let the link expire.

TheDoll

Forum Captain
aw, animal stuff always makes me cry. now my eyes are watering. i shouldn't have watched that. does anyone know if the kitty made it?

OP
OP
MayEMT

MayEMT

Forum Crew Member
on the original vid i had from aol it said that yes the cat did make it :D

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Apparently, the only way to get on the news as an EMT is save something cute.

Nice story, though. I assume you recognize ROSC by the claws embedded in your cheeks?

disassociative

Forum Captain
Ok, I(I mean um, um My friend); has suffered enough for giving kitty
CPR. Don't tell me that you've never been driving down the road and just got the hankerin' to go full ACLS on a possum. It's practically a requirement here in TN.

emtwacker710

Forum Captain
I think thats awesome that that emt did mouth to mouth on a cat, recently a local animal shelter/vets office gave our fire company money to purchase a complete set of animal O2 masks, we havent used them yet but i hope im there the day we do, one question though, what do you guys think the flow rate should be set to on the tank?

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
25 L per minute LOL no. Probably depends on the size of the animal.

emtwacker710

Forum Captain
well the tanks that we carry on our rescue can only go to 15lpm, but our squad has a few tanks that can go to 25lpm, so im guessing like a large dog would go 15lpm while a cat or small dog could go for like...6-8? maybe 10lpm?

*ofLife

Forum Crew Member
aww that guy is my hero!

Operator 37

Forum Probie
Mouth to Snout

My crew once stood by at a structure fire where no one was injured except a cat that had collapsed in the street. One of my partners started giving the cat mouth to snout resuscitation when a newspaper photographer took a picture of his attempt. We are a volly group and he had called in sick that day for what ever reasons he had. The next morning, on the front page of the local paper was a LARGE picture of him with the cat. The picture had to be 8 x 10, in full color and his face was clearly seen. The cat survived and ran off shortly after.

He said the next day that his boss almost fired him but was a cat lover and let him off with a warning.

Last edited by a moderator: