EMT Classes

jlest1

Forum Ride Along
Hey, so I am super interested in taking the EMT courses over the summer so that I can work during the fall and spring next year while I am in school. However, I will be taking Bio I w/ Lab and Chem I w/ Lab over the summer already in order to catch up with my major. I was planning on doing some type of clinical work anyways over the summer to get some patient care hours, so I was thinking of just taking the EMT courses instead of the job. Is this reasonable? I don't wanna overload my schedule and end up doing poorly in my classes, but I would love to be able to work as an EMT this next year.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Summer semester classes are 15 weeks worth of material covered in 8-10 weeks. If you care about your grades in those classes or retaining that information, I would not recommend adding EMT on top of them.
I 100% agree with this advice. Given that Summer courses are quite condensed (you do NOT want to miss a day, you miss a LOT of material), I would further suggest taking a seriously hard look at whether or not doing a Summer Internship at the same time would be a good idea.