EMT Certificate from Europe transfer Texas, Experience Process

phil2101

Forum Ride Along
Hello All,

I am Philipp. I moved to Houston 6 months ago from Munich Germany. I used to be an A-EMT (911 calls and transport A-B).
Does anyone know if there is a chance to transfer my German EMT Diploma into an American EMT Certificate ?
National Registry told me the easiest way would be to take a full EMT course, but that is expensive and requires extensive work.
On the National Registry website is also a page with: Policy for International National Registry Certification.

Does anyone has knowledge about this or know how to apply ?

Thank you so much in advance.
Best regards from Texas, Phil

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Looks like you need to objectively show that your education was equivalent to the current education standards. Best bet is harass the NREMT more. Till you get to someone who knows that policy well and can give you better guidance.

OP
OP
P

phil2101

Forum Ride Along
Thank you for your info. I believe that sounds like a good idea. LOL

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Is it though? There are programs where you can get your EMT in a month. What is your time worth to you?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Looks like you need to objectively show that your education was equivalent to the current education standards. Best bet is harass the NREMT more. Till you get to someone who knows that policy well and can give you better guidance.
Sad part is that there's even a question about his educational standard being equivalent to EMT