EMS persuasion

ckmartin

Forum Ride Along
Hi all!

I'm an EMT-B student and I am also taking a persuasive writing course. We are interviewing different communities for stories of persuasion used in daily life.
I chose the EMS community since I'm joining in just a month!

If you have a story to share of when you had to use persuasion to convince someone to utilize your services please feel free to share here! I'll be sharing it in a paper for my course so be aware of that.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200312_134747_0000.png
    20200312_134747_0000.png
    146 KB · Views: 92

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
My patients don't have a choice; FT we are the only service for 45 miles; PT we are the only service for 110 miles.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Old area it was more of here is a card for an ambulance service that is a better deal for you than calling 911 (when I was working 911 PT) and then I would give them a card for a different company than I worked for FT. Like the gentleman that called 911 195 times in 180 days for chest pain.
Or the one that would run out of meds (non opiate if you can believe it) and call 911 because he 'got hit by a car'; the one that drove through his front door and hit him while he was on the couch and drove out the back door.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Cop told the patient he had two choices: go in the ambulance, or in the back of the cop car. never seen someone move so fast in my life. They were all buckled in on the cot before I even stepped foot in the truck.