EMS all over the world

TKO

Forum Lieutenant
In the next few years I am planning on travelling all over the world and in my travels I would like to work EMS in different countries. Hopefully by then I will have completed Paramedic training. I would like to ask everyone for different advice and what it will take for me to get on in different countries. i know that every place is different and i more than likely will have to take a equivelency exam but wat I am most interested in is wat various hiring processes are like...If you have any information on places like Mexico cruise ships and all others would be really awesome to hear.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
OOOHHHH, that sounds like fun. Unfortunately, I have no information for you other than what I managed to observe watching Paramedics on the Discovery Channel.

They did an overseas episode and went to Poland, South Africa, and one other country. In Poland, it's doctors and nurses on the ambulances. In South Africa, the medics are basically a taxi service that only recently obtained permission to administer oxygen.

Be sure to let us know how it goes when you get back (and preferably while you're gone.)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by TKO@Jun 16 2004, 11:33 PM
In the next few years I am planning on travelling all over the world and in my travels I would like to work EMS in different countries. Hopefully by then I will have completed Paramedic training. I would like to ask everyone for different advice and what it will take for me to get on in different countries. i know that every place is different and i more than likely will have to take a equivelency exam but wat I am most interested in is wat various hiring processes are like...If you have any information on places like Mexico cruise ships and all others would be really awesome to hear.
Sounds exciting, do you have any specifics as to where you will be traveling?

I know information on a few places, but probably could dig up more if you let me know where you're going.

Sounds fun.

OP
OP
T

TKO

Forum Lieutenant
well i am really open to where I will be going too. Any information would be helpful to any place you are familiar with.

sunshine1026

Forum Crew Member
That does really sound like it will be a neat thing to do....and just think of all the stories you will have when you get back! ;)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm sure Iraq is looking for some good people. :blink:

If I were to do something like this I would suggest England, France or other friendly, English speaking European countries. Ooo... Australia would be near the top as well.

Chimp