Dumbest Questions People Ask You

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
IMG_6406.JPG

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

My stock answer is you don't want to know. Or I'll pick some gory trauma.

Or occasionally if I'm feeling like a real ******* I'll tell them and they tend to not really have anything to say when I'm finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
My stock answer is you don't want to know. Or I'll pick some gory trauma.

Or occasionally if I'm feeling like a real ******* I'll tell them and they tend to not really have anything to say when I'm finished.

I just tell 'em. In seven words. They don't usually believe me, but that generally ends it.

LiveForTheTones

Forum Crew Member
Pt c/o one sx and one sx only.

Me: And how long has that been going on for?
Pt: What? The -insert the one sx they c/o-
Me: No. the other reason why you're here. -_-

LiveForTheTones

Forum Crew Member

LiveForTheTones

Forum Crew Member
I think he was replying to the thread title:).

And that's usually my answer to the people that ask that question. :)

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Hey, I am the Flight Nurse...."Oh do they let you fly the helicopter?!"
absolutely.... we even let the pilots start IVs and and give sick people medications.

bakertaylor28

Forum Lieutenant
My personal favorite (coming from a frat-guy type while mingling at a Christmas party) :

"can i take (insert an obscene amount) of (insert OTC drug here) without overdosing?" plus the gold standard: "can an overdose of "X" drug be treated"

to which I reply:

"Maybe, maybe not. It all depends. However there is no treatment for stupidity, and stupidity is lethal at least 50 to 75 per cent of the time."

Follow up question:

"So how do you test for stupidity?..."

I told him I'd get back to him on that, and kindly removed myself from the conversation.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Once on a long distance transport (about 300 miles) my patient asks if we can stop for coffee and food. He had no reason to be NPO and I was hungry. Waffle House it is.
That's common. I've stopped at gas stations before because the patient needed to pee and they were ambulatory. No need to use a urinal if the patient is more then capable of walking on their own. I'm surprised they didnt plan a meal break for the patient on the trip, 300 miles is a long way to go without getting hungry.

JW5974

Forum Ride Along
absolutely.... we even let the pilots start IVs and and give sick people medications.
Total
That's common. I've stopped at gas stations before because the patient needed to pee and they were ambulatory. No need to use a urinal if the patient is more then capable of walking on their own. I'm surprised they didnt plan a meal break for the patient on the trip, 300 miles is a long way to go without getting hungry.
Company policy not to allow the patient to walk. Stupid I know. Some rules are meant to be broken. Plus I was preventing PE's.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Total

Company policy not to allow the patient to walk. Stupid I know. Some rules are meant to be broken. Plus I was preventing PE's.
Not something I have to worry about where I work, if they can walk, then they will walk. Also if we arrive on scene and have more then one patient and only one or none actually needs to be on the stretcher we will take as many will fit in the truck.

bakertaylor28

Forum Lieutenant
Not something I have to worry about where I work, if they can walk, then they will walk. Also if we arrive on scene and have more then one patient and only one or none actually needs to be on the stretcher we will take as many will fit in the truck.
That works right up until you have multiple patients needing c-spine precautions. Then, good luck fitting more than two in the same rig and still be able to work without stepping on someone. :)