Drunk driver given probation

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I never realized this - I'd always heard that there was alcohol in mouthwash but I never realized this much!

Woman Drunk on Listerine Sentenced

ADRIAN, Mich. (Feb. 15) - A woman who pleaded guilty to driving while drunk on three glasses of Listerine was sentenced Tuesday to two years of probation.

Officials suspected Carol Ries, 50, was intoxicated after she rear-ended another vehicle at a red light in January. Police found a bottle of the mouthwash in her car.

She passed one breath test, but failed another that used different equipment. Her blood alcohol level was .30 percent, more than three times the legal limit.

According to Listerine manufacturer Pfizer Inc.'s Web site, original formula Listerine contains 26.9 percent alcohol, more than four times that of many malt liquors, while other varieties contain 21.6 percent alcohol.

02/15/05 13:25 EST

FULL TEXT @ AOL NEWS

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
How in the.... How can one stand to drink (read: swallow) Listerine? I was washing my mouth out this morning and accidentaly swallowed just a splash and it about made me threw up. Maybe it's an aquired taste? :unsure:

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Or maybe she was an alcoholic (sounds like it) and was desparate.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I can't even stand the smell of Listerine, even swallowing a tiny bit makes my eyes water and lips curl.

Just thinking about it makes me ill.

On the drunk driving thing, I'm beginning to see drunk drivers being let off too easy. They should be going to jail, getting their licenses suspended. Around here they get ten hours of community service, and a 200.00 fine. People who littler get a worse punishment than that.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Feb 16 2005, 05:33 PM
I can't even stand the smell of Listerine, even swallowing a tiny bit makes my eyes water and lips curl.

Just thinking about it makes me ill.

On the drunk driving thing, I'm beginning to see drunk drivers being let off too easy. They should be going to jail, getting their licenses suspended. Around here they get ten hours of community service, and a 200.00 fine. People who littler get a worse punishment than that.
As far as community service I agree. Our prison population is exploding with not enough room as it is. I would also add a couple of shifts at DUI check points and maybe some ER time so they can see what an effect DUI accidents have on the families that come into the ER.