Dr. Oz how to save a life-what would you do different?

skivail

Forum Crew Member
I can't wait to get yelled at by a spouse who saw this when I dont put ASA under his toung or shock him.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I love the "As a heart surgeon I see this all the time". It's like, no you don't. You see them in your nice sterile operating room with 20 trained professionals around.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
So, if most people go into cardiac arrest in the bathroom, why are most of my arrest patients found in the bedroom? And, if "the paramedics" can usually shock any patient back into a rhythm, why do most of my arrest patients not get any better?

Did you remember to put ASA and Nitro under the tongue? If not then there's your problem, you're not doing it right. :p

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
it is always fun to be yelled at, threatened by family: for not doing it the way they do it on TV. or in the movies.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
I like how the dispatcher says "They're on their way!" click...

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
thank you smash! and most people pass out in the bathroom because it is the morning? and put aspirin and nitro under a unconscious dudes tongue?

I had a patient once who had taken two NTG tabs for chest pain, then passed out. Her boyfriend assumed she was having a heart attack and it was getting worse, so he poured the remaining nitro tabs out of the bottle and into her mouth...

Medic744

Forum Captain
First thing I would do differently is STOP taking ANY medical advice that is condensed down and skewed in a fad one hour show. Good Lord, change the channel! :p

Madmedic780

Forum Crew Member
hmmm that was a fast white coat ceremony, why didn't they have an actual professional show how its done (oz sold his soul and medical education for the show)

( I wish my house had heart monitor walls)

Last edited by a moderator:

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
niiceee. A bunch of EMTs and Paramedics criticizing a board certified cardiothoracic surgeon on his advice for cardiac emergencies.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
His wife practices Reiki. Enough said.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
niiceee. A bunch of EMTs and Paramedics criticizing a board certified cardiothoracic surgeon on his advice for cardiac emergencies.

You don't disagree with the way he got the message across or even the message itself?

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Now we're going to start getting asystolic choking cases with imploded livers. Thanks, Dr. Oz! Maybe Dr. Phil can make them feel better about helping their spouse down Glory Road, too. Sheesh...

Last edited by a moderator: