Determining MI with LBBB

firemedic31075

Forum Probie
I dont know how true this is but I heard there is a way to determine an MI and its location in the presence of a LBBB. I believe it was called the Garboza criteria but im not sure. Has anyone else heard of this? I tried to research it but havn't had any luck finding anything.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Technically yes & no. BBB usually will alter the ST segment thus determining a STEMI is difficult to do accurately, however; with reciprocal T wave changes and contiguous elevation and chest pain, one should presume there is an AMI with adequate indications of the ECG and clinical findings.

R/r 911

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
I dont know how true this is but I heard there is a way to determine an MI and its location in the presence of a LBBB. I believe it was called the Garboza criteria but im not sure. Has anyone else heard of this? I tried to research it but havn't had any luck finding anything.
A lot of classes that i have attended making claim of that and stating that it can show exactly the site of the infarction. the only one who elaborated and went in depth like Rid was a cardiologist, he said that most people including him have difficulties in proving this.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
cardiac markers?? :p (joke)