COVID VACCINE - The Megathread

Would you get the Pfizer vaccine if it were available to you?

• Total voters

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I had my 2nd Moderna this past Thursday. I had site injection soreness x 24 hours. The night of the injection, I "felt sick"...not symptomatic, but just that internal I do not feel well, I will have full on cold soon type of sick feeling. Drank a few rum juice cocktails, slept great. Next day, no issues.

rum and juice fix about everything.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Still waiting to get mine because NJ can't figure out distribution.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Got the second Pfizer dose on monday.... no real side effects, no real soreness, other than waking up at 230am very thirsty and deciding to go to sleep early. woke up yesterday tired, with my back hurting, and with some nasal congeestion, and got ready for the work day (aka a normal day for me).

my aunt spiked a fever after she got her second dose, so maybe I just got lucky where I had minimal side effects?

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So I go and check what places near me have the vaccine available. Find one place that’s offering it. Go to register. See that the earliest date available is Aug 11th. Call them and leave a message. About an hour later I get a voicemail back saying that they’re going to call me later this week to set up an appointment at an earlier date.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Had second dose yesterday, back at work today. So far it seems a lot like the first shot.

The same Covid-like symptoms (body aches, chills, fever, fatigue, night sweats) that I had after the first shot, but a tad more prolonged.

It’s not unbearable, but definitely not my idea of a good time either. At least it’s not weeks worth.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Due for my second. Just finished an “equity“ seminar (required). Apparently, I’m “privileged“, so I’m supposed to be ashamed for getting the vaccine...

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
And instead of celebrating evolving, changing, positive information such as this...I have seen so many posting negative about it and saying they have even more reason to distrust it, cause of all the flip flopping.

I reiterate...this is as real time scientific process as we have ever been along with the keyboard and instant global bullhorn. But this IS science! This is the beauty of it. Changing position, adapting position, putting out new information....it is amazing.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine was no problem. Just got my 2nd dose of the shingles vaccine, that one kicked my butt.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine was no problem. Just got my 2nd dose of the shingles vaccine, that one kicked my butt.
This is a little off topic, but I'm hoping your mention of Shingrix, the newer shingles vaccine, will remind less-young viewers not to overlook it.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
This is a little off topic, but I'm hoping your mention of Shingrix, the newer shingles vaccine, will remind less-young viewers not to overlook it.
I'm just wondering, if I've never had chicken pox, but I've had the vaccine, do I need the shingles vaccine? Now I have a few decades before it is relevant but still a curiosity.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm just wondering, if I've never had chicken pox, but I've had the vaccine, do I need the shingles vaccine? Now I have a few decades before it is relevant but still a curiosity.
I don't know. Before I got the Shingrix vaccine, I'd had chicken pox plus two chickenpox vaccines (I couldn't prove to various employers that I'd had the disease or been vaccinated).

I also got three smallpox vaccines and three for measles (same reasons as above). Once I get the COVID shot(s), I should auction my plasma.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Finally managed to get my first appointment. I’m getting my first shot on the 10th.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Company medical just called and scheduled my first Moderna vaccine for the 19th.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I got my Bill Gates sterlization tracking chip today.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So I got it yesterday and took off work just to be safe. Haven’t felt any of the side effects.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
So I got it yesterday and took off work just to be safe. Haven’t felt any of the side effects.
First shot usually isn't bad at all. It's the second shot that might be a butt-kicker for a day or two. I had minimal side effects after my 2nd shot, but at least I had some so I know that my body was mounting a defense...

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Second put me down with body aches for 24 hours. I DID walk my dog for our daily four miles...maybe should have taken the day off...

Right as rain the next day. Took some Advil and Tylenol for the aches.