Coronavirus Discussion Thread

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Couldn't be that a certain Governor has a reasonably serious recall effort underway and should easily top 1.5M valid signatures before the deadline to force a recall election... couldn't be.
How dare you! This is life and death here!!!!

....couldn't possibly be political.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
There is a lot of work out there right now. Big money. Be careful of states like CA and NY, though, as they have sky high tax rates. Big money= more taxes.
I have done my homework...I will be fine. Duplicating expenses and maintaining tax home and all that travel nurse jazz...

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Couldn't be that a certain Governor has a reasonably serious recall effort underway and should easily top 1.5M valid signatures before the deadline to force a recall election... couldn't be.
even though it didn't really change a whole lot.

The previous "shelter in place" order (in my opinion) was not only totally worthless but potential dangerous as well. I think it made things worse. It certainly did irrecoverable damage to the restaurant industry. LA County was sued and asked to provide evidence showing that outdoor dining was causing the spread of covid-19, and their answer was essentially "Um... we'll get back to you." Which of course they never did. Same thing with hair salons. In fact, there was more data showing that even an infected hairdresser that was properly wearing a mask *did not* spread covid-19 to customers who were also wearing masks. Yet California decided "Oops, we better shut down barber shops!" The actions by the state government here make no sense sometimes.

Restrictions that make no sense and have no data to back them up not only do nothing, they contribute to the pandemic fatigue.

OP
OP
Akulahawk

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
even though it didn't really change a whole lot.

The previous "shelter in place" order (in my opinion) was not only totally worthless but potential dangerous as well. I think it made things worse. It certainly did irrecoverable damage to the restaurant industry. LA County was sued and asked to provide evidence showing that outdoor dining was causing the spread of covid-19, and their answer was essentially "Um... we'll get back to you." Which of course they never did. Same thing with hair salons. In fact, there was more data showing that even an infected hairdresser that was properly wearing a mask *did not* spread covid-19 to customers who were also wearing masks. Yet California decided "Oops, we better shut down barber shops!" The actions by the state government here make no sense sometimes.

Restrictions that make no sense and have no data to back them up not only do nothing, they contribute to the pandemic fatigue.
I would say that on its own, the recall effort didn't help much but when you look at the pandemic fatigue, the lawsuits, and the State's response to those lawsuits ("we'll get back to you...) all combined to make the State back down from the stay-at-home order. I think they're also attempting to moot the lawsuits as an added bonus.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Summit

Critical Crazy