*%#@&$^#%# Children!! :-)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
So I spent my last two days on a mission in my house. Spring is here. Out with the old..... blah blah blah.... I was alternating between the 80's music channel on my TV and the 100 or so 80's songs I have on my laptop.

As I am dancing away in my living room, my son decides he is brave enough to show his face.... (for you guys, you know when a woman is on a cleaning mission, its best you remain invisible lest you end up with a mop/cloth/or some other chore!)

First thing out that little brats mouth...

"Man Mom!! This OLD music is really cool!"

OLD MUSIC!!!!

So, I turned it up.... caught is little butt with the towel I was using to wipe stuff down and made him dance with me for while!

And now its 2030.... I'm pooped.... have to get up at 0400.... and it is past my bedtime!

UGH!!! He just walked out here and asked me...

"Mom, aren't you up past your bedtime!!"

Thats it.... I'm taking my Geritol and going to bed... :pB):rolleyes:B):p

Last edited by a moderator:

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Ok, so would now be a bad time to mention I was 5 when the 80's ended?:p

babygirl2882

Forum Captain

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
My youngest is a musician. As a teen, living at home, he thought his taste in music was the be-all and end-all of whatever term is being used these days to describe coolness. It used to really irritate him, when he was playing some awesome, obscure, none of his friends listen to it music, and mom knew all the words!

And, my youngest son is older than some of you who posted on this thread. I'm going to go count my wrinkles and grey hairs, check on my retirement portfolio and toss my TED stockings into the wash.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
This should make you feel better; I am old enough to be my partners dad, which she reminds me of often. born in '64.

NJN

The Young One
Hey, i can make the entire house shake with everything from Handel, to Chuck Berry, to Korn. It is not when the music was first played or what era its from. Its how you play it and how big a sub you have.:p

The young shall take over, both of my partners are 20 and i was born in '92.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm a mid-80's baby as well... but I've been playing in EMS for 7 years now (9 if you count the Explorer post).

I've got a VERY eclectic mix of music on iTunes on my laptop... from folk singers like Trout Fishing in America, Eric Bogle, and Steve Goodman, to The Who, Bruce Springsteen, and lots of rock/alternative music.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
born in 77. I remeber the 80s....sort of.

Michael Jackson, Ciny Lauper, Madonna, Heuy Lewis and the News, The Police, Michael Keaton, plenty of bad teenager movies and a movie actor was president.

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
Born in 67 here, I'm an ole heavy metal head banger here.... Nothing better that kicking up a little Ac/ Dc or kiss and rocking out.
Funny thing is I have a 18 year old son who used to make fun of me now listens to Journey and old Motley Crew..... Aghhhh Give me a break.... :rolleyes:
I think I need to go blast Thunderstruck for a while... B)

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
born in 77. I remeber the 80s....sort of.

Michael Jackson, Ciny Lauper, Madonna, Heuy Lewis and the News, The Police, Michael Keaton, plenty of bad teenager movies and a movie actor was president.

Oooo I had it bad for Cindy and Madonna.....And please don't forget Joan Jett. That Jet black hair worked for me. :wacko:B)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
This should make you feel better; I am old enough to be my partners dad, which she reminds me of often. born in '64.

Nope, you are younger than my younger sister! I was born in double nickles... 55....

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Oooo I had it bad for Cindy and Madonna.....And please don't forget Joan Jett. That Jet black hair worked for me. :wacko:B)

I bet you love Rock N Roll too? :rolleyes:

That reminds me of lots of bad stand up with every comic talking bout peanuts on airplanes. They all wore a sport jacket, dress shirt, a tie and jeans...even the female comics. And they all performed in fron of a brick wall. Having performed stand up, I have no idea the significance of performing in front of a brick wall.

NREMT08

Forum Probie
wow, I feel old....I was born in 81

Pittsburgh Proud

Forum Lieutenant
I bet you love Rock N Roll too? :rolleyes:

That reminds me of lots of bad stand up with every comic talking bout peanuts on airplanes. They all wore a sport jacket, dress shirt, a tie and jeans...even the female comics. And they all performed in fron of a brick wall. Having performed stand up, I have no idea the significance of performing in front of a brick wall.

I go to the Funnybone in Pittsburgh, they were like that too.... Maybe they had it to stop what ever was thrown at the comic? :unsure:

medic_chick87

Forum Crew Member
I might as well chime in too...

Born in 87.

Probably the youngest medic in my county.

(Have you seen my signature? :p )

I listen to all types of music, from Chicago to Alison Krauss. So keep on rockin out to your "oldies" MedicPrincess! B)

mdkemt

Forum Lieutenant
I love 80's music and '85 is my year!