Care Ambulance in OC/LA

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
I know the Subject of Care Ambulance has been posted quite a few times, but its been a long time... and some of the information might be outdated

Anyways, Heres is my question, has anyone worked for them or been though their hiring process?

I have an interview with them coming up soon

i was wondering what to expect: How is the Interview/Testing process and will they be ok with a Point on my record for speeding?

and how should i tell them i was recently fired for a minor accident and that i have a good reference with the company?

This is the only thing i have going for me right now, so i have to be prepared like no other....

Any help would be well apreciated.. thanks

OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
bump?

Frozin

Forum Probie
Sorry I can't answer your question. I have a question of my own though :)

I'm assuming your licensed in OC and LA. I was thinking about getting my license in OC, is the cost I read on the OC EMT website correct? Over 400 bucks to get a License or am I reading the wrong page? I think that is a bit excessive since LA counties was around 30-50 if i remember correctly.

OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Sorry I can't answer your question. I have a question of my own though :)

I'm assuming your licensed in OC and LA. I was thinking about getting my license in OC, is the cost I read on the OC EMT website correct? Over 400 bucks to get a License or am I reading the wrong page? I think that is a bit excessive since LA counties was around 30-50 if i remember correctly.

it costs around $40 + live scan

OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
What are some questions i should ask tommarow to the Interviewers?

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
What are some questions i should ask tommarow to the Interviewers?
I worked for Care from 2006-2008, so my info might be a bit dated. The hiring process was a few hours long, consisted of a written exam , a la NR, followed by a practical exam, not too bad, very basic and they would prompt you a little, followed by a 3-person panel interview, they all had sheets with questions on them and then graded your responses. I had the CCT coordinator, an FTO and the scheduling supervisor. I heard about 3 hours after that I had a job offer. As far as questions you should ask, stuff about the company that you couldn't know by looking online is good, but make sure you know a little about them too. I will say, that in the OC/LA area, Care is about the only company I'd work for.

OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
I worked for Care from 2006-2008, so my info might be a bit dated. The hiring process was a few hours long, consisted of a written exam , a la NR, followed by a practical exam, not too bad, very basic and they would prompt you a little, followed by a 3-person panel interview, they all had sheets with questions on them and then graded your responses. I had the CCT coordinator, an FTO and the scheduling supervisor. I heard about 3 hours after that I had a job offer. As far as questions you should ask, stuff about the company that you couldn't know by looking online is good, but make sure you know a little about them too. I will say, that in the OC/LA area, Care is about the only company I'd work for.

yeah they are my top choice and i really want to work for them.
Thank you for the help! what are some hard questions they asked? did you get a call from their HR Lady after u left?

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
yeah they are my top choice and i really want to work for them.
Thank you for the help! what are some hard questions they asked? did you get a call from their HR Lady after u left?

The questions weren't hard, it wasn't medical related, it was along the lines "tell me about a altercation you were involved in and how you solved it?"

The training coordinator proctored all the testing, At the time it was Adrian Rodriguez and he's the one who called me.

Good luck, I have heard the company is just getting bigger and things have changed. I started there before they went into LACo and when they did, you were either an OC guy or an LA guy and the two did not mix at first, but they treated their employees very well and the equipment is all top-notch.