Care Ambulance Hiring Freeze?

emtlite

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys,

I got hired by Care around March and have been waiting on an orientation date ever since then. HR has pushed it back because of Covid, saying "they don't have the resources to support an orientation". They've been pushing it back every 2 weeks or so and I'm at a loss now - thinking about turning to IFTs while I wait on them.

But is there anyone working for Care that can give me some insight as to what's going on? I just want to know how long I'm going to have to wait for.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Care call volume dropped about 40% due to covid. Pretty much every company is on a hiring freeze since IFT calls and 911 have decreased. Care is also going through a vote to go union at moment as well but not sure if that effects hiring or not.
I say if you want to get 911 wait out care for orientation date Since other then emergency and doctors (laguna Beach) there only 911 BLS company

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I mean, LA/OC aside, go to IFTs until CARE calls you for orientation. $$$ is $$$

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
To be fair, you have to be on IFTs for awhile at Care before going to 911. Although things may have changed in the past 15 years since i worked there.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
To be fair, you have to be on IFTs for awhile at Care before going to 911. Although things may have changed in the past 15 years since i worked there.
They cut a lot of the lifer AMR Cerritos people slack because they were helping the OC EMT’s get acquainted with the LA County EOA’s when I was (extremely briefly) there. It was not my cup.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
They cut a lot of the lifer AMR Cerritos people slack because they were helping the OC EMT’s get acquainted with the LA County EOA’s when I was (extremely briefly) there. It was not my cup.
I was there during that transition, around 06, those were the only people who went straight to that side. For LA/OC Care wasn't too bad, thought I've heard since it's no longer a mom and pop shop, things are not as they once were.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I was there during that transition, around 06, those were the only people who went straight to that side. For LA/OC Care wasn't too bad, thought I've heard since it's no longer a mom and pop shop, things are not as they once were.
Yeh. One of the CARE supes would show up in a truck and park off the property of the AMR Cerritos station trying to recruit a lot of the ones who hadn't left yet. When I was hired at CARE I remember meeting the owner who I think since passed? Eh, still I think I was just over that system in general. Having to do it all over again with a different shirt was less than thrilling.

wtferick

Forum Captain
It has changeeeedddd. Now you have crews not knowing how to give simple reports 😂 It’s ridiculous haha